2021 Spring Game Friday 4/23

theDude47

Dodd-Like
Just got the email saying tickets for the game are out. In order to get more tickets, you have to get them directly from another season ticket holder. All you need is a cell phone number for the person you want to transfer the tickets to.

If someone has 3 tickets up for grabs, I know some young kids that would really like to come to the game!

GTCalvinist

Damn Good Rat
Just got the email saying tickets for the game are out. In order to get more tickets, you have to get them directly from another season ticket holder. All you need is a cell phone number for the person you want to transfer the tickets to.

If someone has 3 tickets up for grabs, I know some young kids that would really like to come to the game!
We're doing this, and then there's Alabama...

Alabama football's A-Day draws largest U.S. sporting event attendance since start of pandemic

theDude47

Dodd-Like
Update: Called the athletic department. They said they’re only giving tickets to season ticket holders, they’re not selling any additional tickets, and if you’re a season ticket holder that did not respond by the deadline, you can fill out a form and you might possibly get tickets if they approve it. They’re only opening the lower left side corner of the stadium for seating and are limiting numbers purely on who already RSVP’d tickets; not the total amount of season tickets. The ONLY way to get additional tickets is for a season ticket member to transfer you the tickets they had already reserved and don’t plan on using.

At this point the athletic department, can go öööö themselves. I’m trying to give them money and people in the stands, and they just don’t want it. If I could resend my season tickets, I would seriously consider it.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
Update: Called the athletic department. They said they’re only giving tickets to season ticket holders, they’re not selling any additional tickets, and if you’re a season ticket holder that did not respond by the deadline, you can fill out a form and you might possibly get tickets if they approve it. They’re only opening the lower left side corner of the stadium for seating and are limiting numbers purely on who already RSVP’d tickets; not the total amount of season tickets. The ONLY way to get additional tickets is for a season ticket member to transfer you the tickets they had already reserved and don’t plan on using.

At this point the athletic department, can go öööö themselves. I’m trying to give them money and people in the stands, and they just don’t want it. If I could resend my season tickets, I would seriously consider it.
What is the lower left corner?

Also, there has been plenty of time to have requested spring game tickets.

And rescind

GT76

Damn Good Rat

Sent you a pm.

aeromech

Dodd-Like
If GTAA had any marketing sense they would have some sort of giveaway at the spring game to draw interest, or maybe a family pack of 4 hot dogs and 4 cokes for $5 or something (I know it is $6 at Costco; but that is for a 1/4 hot dog with free refills). Instead they are treating it like the Master's or something.

Unnecessary side note: My son told me that someone at Costco proposed raising the cost of the hotdog deal at a board meeting. One of Costco's founders reportedly responded, "I will kill you". The $1.50 hotdog deal had nothing to do with selling hotdogs and everything to do with increasing traffic in the store. Maybe a trick GTAA should copy.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
If GTAA had any marketing sense they would have some sort of giveaway at the spring game to draw interest, or maybe a family pack of 4 hot dogs and 4 cokes for $5 or something (I know it is $6 at Costco; but that is for a 1/4 hot dog with free refills). Instead they are treating it like the Master's or something.

Unnecessary side note: My son told me that someone at Costco proposed raising the cost of the hotdog deal at a board meeting. One of Costco's founders reportedly responded, "I will kill you". The $1.50 hotdog deal had nothing to do with selling hotdogs and everything to do with increasing traffic in the store. Maybe a trick GTAA should copy.
Hotdogs, popcorn, and cokes are discounted up until 30 minutes before game time. I made sure to grab up a couple of dogs, get a drink, and buy a popcorn for later in the game almost every game last season

aeromech

Dodd-Like
Hotdogs, popcorn, and cokes are discounted up until 30 minutes before game time. I made sure to grab up a couple of dogs, get a drink, and buy a popcorn for later in the game almost every game last season
That is not the point because you had to pay just to get in the place.

Skydog

Eat a Peach

i just got a slew of big cries from the Covidians for all my comments on this thread. But this is exactly what i've been predicting: GTAA's attitude toward covid protocols is going to lead to disenchantment, anger, apathy, etc.

00Burdell

Mod Thyself
Staff member
no vaccine and not entering BDS till all the stupid protocols are dropped
Just go ahead and get the dumb virus and get it over with. Jeez. You hate the virus, you hate masks you hate the vaccine you hate people who have the virus, you hate people who wear masks, you hate people who like people who wear masks, I'm just trying to keep up in here.

Skydog

Eat a Peach
Just go ahead and get the dumb virus and get it over with. Jeez. You hate the virus, you hate masks you hate the vaccine you hate people who have the virus, you hate people who wear masks, you hate people who like people who wear masks, I'm just trying to keep up in here.
i already had it