2022 Recruiting

Yeah, we may find a warm body type, much like Beatty was last year.
What good was Beatty to the team last year? He didn’t contribute on the field.

With the way our OL has been playing, give me a quarterback who is elusive and can make plays with his feet.

With the way our OL has been playing, give me a quarterback who is elusive and can make plays with his feet.

Had the best week of practice ever recorded. But in seriousness, we are talking about a QB4 here. Scout team stuff and depth. I think we have our 3 who are legitimate contenders to play. The question would be do we want to use a scholarship on a warm body for the QB room and I don't know.

Had the best week of practice ever recorded. But in seriousness, we are talking about a QB4 here. Scout team stuff and depth. I think we have our 3 who are legitimate contenders to play. The question would be do we want to use a scholarship on a warm body for the QB room and I don't know.
They probably already have a walk-on or two that are just as capable as a 4th string guy anyway.

When you get down to QB4 the season is shot anyway. Get to the point where you may as well just run wildcat stuff, etc. Cannot be realistic expectations to sling it all over the yard with a QB4. A walk-on who doesn’t eat a scholly is the preference.

Beatty was ööööing worthless. Yates had to come out for one play during a game this season and Collins didn't even have the ööööing balls to let the 6'5", 220-pound veteran complete the series.

I always got the impression that Collins made some deal with Beatty for him to just hold a ööööing clipboard in order to allow him to earn a graduate degree from Tech at the expense of burning a scholarship. Assumed that Beatty had pictures of Collins in some compromising situation :dunno:.

When you get down to QB4 the season is shot anyway. Get to the point where you may as well just run wildcat stuff, etc. Cannot be realistic expectations to sling it all over the yard with a QB4. A walk-on who doesn’t eat a scholly is the preference.

Demetrius Knight is always an option in an emergency.

This is the guy that was the original 1st commit for this class right? And then he decommitted and/or was dropped, and now we have reoffered and he's going to recommit?

Back