2022 Recruiting

Architorture23

If ur players know u luv them, then u already won.
Very interesting. Mid-3 star, downrated by Rivals during history. Offers from FSU, Ala, Aub, and most importantly GT. Things do not align cleanly.

If nothing else, you cannot teach size.
The more I follow it, the more I realize that ratings are a joke.

ElCidBUZZingFAN

Dodd-Like
Gibbs was the highest rated player we’ve had in a long time and he’s the best player we’ve had in a long time.
You think there were 7 better freshman RBs in college football? Or 70ish better players over all (freshman) for that matter? Dumbass Rivals thought so.

Architorture23

If ur players know u luv them, then u already won.
Rankings are decent on a large scale and over a large sample size. They are not always good on an individual level. There are tons of guys with big time offers who will sign in December who have yet to even be rated. There are "placeholder" ratings for guys with offers but who have not been seen by Rivals scouts. Guys get bumped when they have blue chip offers. And of course, the recruits are the only ones who can talk about their offers on the record.

As for Gibbs... did he get way better than he was rated 5.6 or did big boys like Ohio State come offering and Rivals sit up and start paying attention?

gtfan088

Dodd-Like
Rankings are decent on a large scale and over a large sample size. They are not always good on an individual level. There are tons of guys with big time offers who will sign in December who have yet to even be rated. There are "placeholder" ratings for guys with offers but who have not been seen by Rivals scouts. Guys get bumped when they have blue chip offers. And of course, the recruits are the only ones who can talk about their offers on the record.

As for Gibbs... did he get way better than he was rated 5.6 or did big boys like Ohio State come offering and Rivals sit up and start paying attention?
Yeah, it's definitely a flawed and unscientific system, and not worth too much handwringing as far as things like 'why is Player X more coveted by the staff than Player Y when he's rated lower?' but we'd all be psyched with a class chockfull of 4* guys as opposed to 2s and 3s. Some of those guys will bust, sure, but just playing the odds, the more highly sought kids you have, the more likely you're going to have some absolute gamers.

GTCrew

Patrick Henry
I wonder if someone could make a rap version of the rambling wreck fight song. That could be cool. Doesn't have to match the lyrics so much as be inspired by the fight song. With a 404 centric vibe like "Put on for my city" not something like the GTGs.

I dont want to embarrass myself because I don't have the talent these musicians have but think along the likes of.

We are the ramblin wreck, damn straight yeah Georgia Tech, hellacious en-gin-eers, tappin that whiskey clear...

You know for fact my baby girl, will rock the white and gold. She'll represent the 404, and cheer the brave and bold...

Again, I'm not talented, but it could be interesting to have a quality rap version of the fight song. Or maybe the best way would be to have the song sampled in there. I really don't know the specifics. It just seems like an opportunity to enhance the brand.

Techbert

Dodd-Like
I wonder if someone could make a rap version of the rambling wreck fight song. That could be cool. Doesn't have to match the lyrics so much as be inspired by the fight song. With a 404 centric vibe like "Put on for my city" not something like the GTGs.

I dont want to embarrass myself because I don't have the talent these musicians have but think along the likes of.

We are the ramblin wreck, damn straight yeah Georgia Tech, hellacious en-gin-eers, tappin that whiskey clear...

You know for fact my baby girl, will rock the white and gold. She'll represent the 404, and cheer the brave and bold...

Again, I'm not talented, but it could be interesting to have a quality rap version of the fight song. Or maybe the best way would be to have the song sampled in there. I really don't know the specifics. It just seems like an opportunity to enhance the brand.
I just found the lyrics to a GT parody song I wrote to the tune of Baby Got Back, called Baby Got Line. Would that help?

Wrote it over a decade ago.