2023 Spring Game

[
1681592149697.png

Where is everyone?? I thought this place would be popping after this spring game. I’m genuinely excited for a season for the first time since the Florida State win in 2020.

Just got to watch the spring game and I really like what I saw. CBF and the he SC coaches have made a giant difference.
It’s amazing how people just want to see football. That was better than the Johnson era spring games as well. I suppose that’s due to the starting QB only playing two series cause they tackled the QB in the spring game. Had to really cause it was the triple.

I was impressed. Our QB's were making good decisions and throws. Our wideouts were making plays. DJ Moore stood out. TE's still looked unsteady making grabs. We sat behind Abdul Janeah's parents. He's a WR transfer from Duquesne. He's going to contribute. Also, big props to our new OC. Loved the way the O looked. Hard to tell about the defense because I think coaches are cautious about injuries occurring in a spring game. Juice is good.

I was impressed. Our QB's were making good decisions and throws. Our wideouts were making plays. DJ Moore stood out. TE's still looked unsteady making grabs. We sat behind Abdul Janeah's parents. He's a WR transfer from Duquesne. He's going to contribute. Also, big props to our new OC. Loved the way the O looked. Hard to tell about the defense because I think coaches are cautious about injuries occurring in a spring game. Juice is good.
No juice please.
Is there a box score somewhere?

Based on what I saw we should easily enter the average tier which is a step up from the suck tier. This gives us hope for our 8 or 9 of our games. Of course, that is totally dependent on the OLine keeping protection and our DLine getting pressure. All the teams we play will have playmakers who can hurt us so as always in football it comes down to whose lines perform better.

The offensive scheme was outstanding compared to the garbage we’ve seen lately. I hope we have a smart understudy under Faulkner because if we look solid all year he’ll be hired back to the SEC very soon. And watching Ward gave me hope for the TE position. The young guy Long will be very good in a few years. Seither will probably be the starter due to familiarity with Faulkner. The WR’s and RB’s are fine. Nothing special but we have a bunch of small quick guys who need to push each other so the groups get better overall. DJ Moore, Boyd, Rutherford, Haynes are all solid college players as are the RB’s. The Pyron/King combo is our best duo since the overlap year of Nesbitt/Tevin. I feel really good about them. You can tell both have been coached for a very long for the QB position. It’s actually weird to see a QB playing QB for GT and not just an exceptional athlete playing QB. We had more pretty and accurate passes today in one scrimmage than we’ve seen in about 15 years. No knock on guys like Nesbitt, Tevin, Justin, etc, but these 2 guys we have now know how and where to deliver the ball. Their fathers taught them well.

Back