2024 Transfer Portal

Sorry. Meant to add the Jamal Haynes announced he’s staying at GT in the post above. Great job by the staff retaining Haynes, Rutherford and Singleton!

Undefeated 2024 bayyyyybeeee
ColorlessPoliteCoyote-size_restricted.gif

Rutherford needs way more touches. Reverses, rocket tosses, whatever. He is quick and shifty. If all these guys actually do come back and our line plays average we should be able to outscore our defense.

God I miss the rocket toss
When under center and tossed as a lateral like we did in CPJ's days, great.

When in the shotgun and tossed another couple yards backwards, it's an awful risk-reward play. Terrible. The modern game is way too fast for that nonsense. Absolute drive-killing play, especially in the NFL, and increasingly in college.

OK, back to the transfer portal.

When under center and tossed as a lateral like we did in CPJ's days, great.

When in the shotgun and tossed another couple yards backwards, it's an awful risk-reward play. Terrible. The modern game is way too fast for that nonsense. Absolute drive-killing play, especially in the NFL, and increasingly in college.

OK, back to the transfer portal.
That‘s an us problem. Every top team goes from the gun and under center. UGA uses the rocket toss often while under center. Just because we went full retard and have to run everything from the gun (as stupidly as Johnson had to run everything under center) doesn’t mean the toss sweep isn’t a staple of football. We can’t run it because as you noted, running it from 5 yards behind the LOS is just stupid. I really don’t understand why offensive coaches can‘t use the best of shotgun and under center. I like Faulkner just fine but he’s gonna have to adapt because everyone now has his full tape.

Back