2024 Transfer Portal

Starting tomorrow will be interesting across CFB when the Spring Portal officially opens (even though a good amount of programs are still in Spring practice). The most interesting thing is, you won’t see schools like tOSU, Oregon, etc officially name a starting QB in order to keep the current players on the roster.

Hopefully there aren’t any surprises negatively for GT, but we’ve seen GT lose multiple starters on D the last 2 years during the Spring Portal window.

Birr looked the part at last years spring game and should have been kicking from day one last season except I assume Key wanted to let Stewart hold the job until Birr beat him out. Recall that Birr was out his entire true FR season recovering from ACL surgery. I have no doubt he can consistently place kickoffs in the EZ if he can knock a 62yard FG with at least 5 yards to spare.

Birr looked the part at last years spring game and should have been kicking from day one last season except I assume Key wanted to let Stewart hold the job until Birr beat him out. Recall that Birr was out his entire true FR season recovering from ACL surgery. I have no doubt he can consistently place kickoffs in the EZ if he can knock a 62yard FG with at least 5 yards to spare.
And make it to the EZ with a three step approach.

Khaya Wright, who transferred from Tech to FIU, is in the portal again. May be a grad transfer at this point.

Back