2025 Recruiting

FROM ARTICLE: "With Powell’s decision in the rear-view, he’s ready to embrace his role as a recruiter with his recruitment shut down. He’ll be a regular on campus moving forward.

My family and I are just so excited to have everything done and behind us. My whole family loves it at GT.”

Powell has canceled all remaining visits."

5-11 (247 3star-no composite yet) 185 RB JP Powell from Colquitt,Ga committed today.
good offer list......Welcome to Atlanta!

FROM ARTICLE: "With Powell’s decision in the rear-view, he’s ready to embrace his role as a recruiter with his recruitment shut down. He’ll be a regular on campus moving forward.

My family and I are just so excited to have everything done and behind us. My whole family loves it at GT.”

Powell has canceled all remaining visits."

1717525938224.png

:heelclick:

er, at 10.44 he would be the fastest guy on the team right now it seems
plays for small 1-a school with a losing record so doesn't have it real easy

Not a star chaser, but most of these "top targets" are three star recruits - are we expecting them all to get bumps later, or are we just confident in our talent evaluation? I see many offers from top schools, so maybe it's just early?

Not a star chaser, but most of these "top targets" are three star recruits - are we expecting them all to get bumps later, or are we just confident in our talent evaluation? I see many offers from top schools, so maybe it's just early?
JP Powell is the State Champ in the 100 Meter, runs a 4.4 40 in High School.......and is a 3-star. All I know is that Speed Kills.....I assume our coaches know that too.

I honestly recommend not putting a lot of stock in star ratings.

I think its safe to interpret a 3* as "no lower than a 3*" but pretty sure the corollary "no higher than a 3*" is no longer applicable.

So less of a Rank and more of a Floor.

JP Powell is the State Champ in the 100 Meter, runs a 4.4 40 in High School.......and is a 3-star. All I know is that Speed Kills.....I assume our coaches know that too.

Marcus Wright was a burner without pads on too. Yet he never made it around the corner as an A-back.

Then today we have Eric Singleton who seems faster on turf in a helmet than on a track.

It's hard to predict when track speed will equal football speed.

I honestly recommend not putting a lot of stock in star ratings.

I think its safe to interpret a 3* as "no lower than a 3*" but pretty sure the corollary "no higher than a 3*" is no longer applicable.

So less of a Rank and more of a Floor.
As Mike Farrell has pointed out “there is no such thing as a 2*” now. Everyone is a low end 3* at the minimum who have even 1 P4 offer. The “star” bumps have turned into a combination of the actual vs fake offer list, and or which team Mod at which service can get someone bumped to a 4*.

Check out the early to mid 2000’s vs now, it’s quite funny.

It is one thing to run fast on a track. Can he take a hit, not go down and then kick in the afterburners? I don't think I've seen that at Tech since Tony Hollings.

Offers matter more to me than stars here lately. I could be wrong but who the hell cares..?

Offers matter more to me than stars here lately. I could be wrong but who the hell cares..?
That’s the way I look at recruits too. I figure that if several competitive programs wanted a guy then there must be something there, regardless of how many stars there are next to his name.

Back