#23 - Paula Vaipulu

GoGATech

Big Dummy
2019: 7/4 (so far)
That would be 2020, but yeah I didn't add 2020 numbers to any because a)this class isn't final yet, and 2)I wanted to compare the numbers of our previous recruiting with UGAg and Clemson. That 7 for this year would skew the average and make it look like we did better in the past.

Flywheel

Wait, what year is it?
His highlights are fun to watch. We'll need him to be smart about stopping after the whistle, but he finishes his blocks like the defender winked at his girlfriend. He looks pissed on every play and I love it.

ibeeballin

Dodd-Like
That would be 2020, but yeah I didn't add 2020 numbers to any because a)this class isn't final yet, and 2)I wanted to compare the numbers of our previous recruiting with UGAg and Clemson. That 7 for this year would skew the average and make it look like we did better in the past.

But to save you some time
CU: 4/4
UGA: 5/3

00Burdell

Mod Thyself
Staff member
I used to talk to Bobby Ross at the morning breakfast he would host once a week - anybody could come- it wasn't for the privileged few but it was at 6:00 am so attendance was light.

But he was pretty damn clear that he regarded OL recruiting as pivotal to his success. I can't recall his exact words but when it came to recruiting, all he talked about were OL.

And don't forget that we were within a whisker of signing Desmond Howard. Literally, one inch from signing him.

Last edited:

JoltinJacket

► Ģŏ ʝąҁʞεɫʂ ◄
I used to talk to Bobby Ross at the morning breakfast he would host once a week - anybody could come- it wasn't for the privileged few but it was at 6:00 am so attendance was light.

But he was pretty damn clear that he regarded OL recruiting as pivotal to his success. I can't recall his exact words but when it came to recruiting, all he talked about were OL.

And don't forget that we were within a whisker of signing Desmond Howard. Literally, one inch from signing him.

Here's a good summary of that recruiting battle: https://www.espn.com/colleges/michi...ed-georgia-tech-yellow-jackets-desmond-howard

"Ross: We were getting started at the time and that's why we were so excited about him, because we needed a couple people like that to not only make our program a little more legitimate, to be honest with you, to be recognized. Desmond would have provided that for us, not only in his play and what type of person he was but also that he was a very high-profile recruit. It would have meant an awful lot to us, probably a lot more than what it meant to Michigan, although he did pretty darned well at Michigan. But they get so many of them. We were really trying to get our feet on the ground."

aeromech

Dodd-Like
It wasnt just message board complaining. The position was severely under recruited for a decade. And its not like we didn’t have a ton of attrition. We had alot of that too.

For the rest of this years class praying we can land 2 stout DL. Hopefully at least one is interior
We are showing 4 DL now and 4 in 2019; which seems to be our average for the past decade.