247Sports' too early ACC rankings

swampsting

Now with incredulous facial expression
Of course, they're garbage. It's January, before spring practice and before the spring portal window opens.
But at least there's new fodder upon which to chew. I do have one question - who's this Jordan Haynes guy? Damn, he must be pretty good (read it, you'll see - and you'll understand why editors are a necessary thing. One day I'll go on my rant about people using try and (it's try to - you wouldn't say attempt and) or seeing some writer use the were able to clause over and over (just use the direct verb). One day.
Anywhoo....

The hype VT is getting is so confusing. They went 6-6 with wins over the bottom 5 teams in the ACC standings and ODU. Lost by 3+ scores to the two ranked teams they played. QB averaged 160 pypg against a pillowy soft schedule. Then won a bowl game against a HC-less team playing their 3rd string QB. And have the 43rd HS / 61st Portal classes coming in.

Yet somehow they’re popping up in early 2025 preseason rankings?

The hype VT is getting is so confusing. They went 6-6 with wins over the bottom 5 teams in the ACC standings and ODU. Lost by 3+ scores to the two ranked teams they played. QB averaged 160 pypg against a pillowy soft schedule. Then won a bowl game against a HC-less team playing their 3rd string QB. And have the 43rd HS / 61st Portal classes coming in.

People who grew up in the late 90s early 2000s are now in sports media.

Beamer Ball! It is 1999 all over again.

Miami will drop as usual. SMU will post no more than 3 wins in conference.

Clemson and Wake under rated.

You just don't understand. Like Miami, they are "supposed" to be good and they'll get the hype and conference babying until they are, reality be damned.

Miami will drop as usual. SMU will post no more than 3 wins in conference.

Clemson and Wake under rated.
I think you're crazy on the SMU take. They'll finish in the top half of the conference.

You just don't understand. Like Miami, they are "supposed" to be good and they'll get the hype and conference babying until they are, reality be damned.

The thing is, they’re not though. They’ve recruited terribly in recent history. Last 5 classes finished 59, 49, 36, 39, 43. Like at least Miami is good on paper. VT is weak on paper and mid on the field (again with a soffft schedule).

The thing is, they’re not though. They’ve recruited terribly in recent history. Last 5 classes finished 59, 49, 36, 39, 43. Like at least Miami is good on paper. VT is weak on paper and mid on the field (again with a soffft schedule).
Season win total under, heard

Miami's problem is their culture. They're all about the "U". They're stuck in the past and have been since they canned Larry Coker after we whopped that ace in 05 and 06. They will never get back to what they once were until they get a legit coach and move that stadium back to the campus, plain and simple.

cuse picking up osu qb and duke picking up ut #2 qb pretty impressive. that is one thing i do like about the portal, is hopefully it will help bring some parity. you won't be able to get best players, but good execution you can get the #2 guys from the factories who might be better than what you would've had otherwise

cuse picking up osu qb and duke picking up ut #2 qb pretty impressive. that is one thing i do like about the portal, is hopefully it will help bring some parity. you won't be able to get best players, but good execution you can get the #2 guys from the factories who might be better than what you would've had otherwise
of course, Duke lost their No. 1 QB to the Irish, who had a $1.5M to spend on a transfer QB.

of course, Duke lost their No. 1 QB to the Irish, who had a $1.5M to spend on a transfer QB.
merica'...something something...free market...trickle down economics...
best players will always end up with highest bidder, but at least now you can get their #2 guy instead of being stuck with a guy who would be #4 if on their team.

Season win total under, heard

I mean depends on what it is. Next year they avoid FSU / UL / NCSU in-conference and their OOC is Rutgers, Vandy, Marshall, ODU. Not a single team that won more than 8 games in the RS last year (we play 5 teams that won 9+ games).

They could be a below average FBS team and win 8 games against that schedule. They should have to win 10+ to finish the season ranked. There will be a lot of G5 teams with tougher schedules.

Why dream? You would have gotten out already on a manslaughter charge. Dummy!
I also would have had the support of most of the staff too, at least in my department.
They wound up firing her anyway after I left. Then brought her back. And then fired her again.

I also would have had the support of most of the staff too, at least in my department.
They wound up firing her anyway after I left. Then brought her back. And then fired her again.
Without knowing anything about the situation she had to be a loser to agree to go back to a place that had once fired her.

What I mean by "suppose to be good" is that it's cause some dumb öööös (ACC HQ and refs often enough) have decided it should be so and then hype and nudge what they can to make it happen. Even if the reality completely disagrees.

I mean depends on what it is. Next year they avoid FSU / UL / NCSU in-conference and their OOC is Rutgers, Vandy, Marshall, ODU. Not a single team that won more than 8 games in the RS last year (we play 5 teams that won 9+ games).

They could be a below average FBS team and win 8 games against that schedule. They should have to win 10+ to finish the season ranked. There will be a lot of G5 teams with tougher schedules.
Have you seen VT play ODU in the past?

Back