3-9

Another 3-9 season will put him on the fiery hot seat.
Another 3-9 season, with JT as a senior QB, would cause him to lose his job, I'd say.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk

FSU loses two games: to the best team in the Atlantic Division and the worst team in the Coastal Division. Amazing.

We blow a 21 point lead and several late chances to ice the win at home over the Coastal Division winner. Amazing.

We have four starters back from what was almost universally acclaimed the best OL in the nation in 2014, and they become maybe the worst GT OL I've witnessed in the 55+ years I've followed Tech. Amazing.

In August, the early projected starters on offense were 5 RSR's, 3 RJR's, 2 RSO's and 1 RFR. In the 11th game, against Miami, after the first series, the offense was mostly playing 4 FR and 3 RFR. Amazing.

Picked near the bottom of the Division last year, we wound up top 10. Picked to win the division and as a dark horse for the playoffs, we go 3-9, but beat the highest ranked team we play. Amazing.

That after 55+ years of slavish devotion to GT I would expect anything different than this screwy year. Amazing.
Agree. We REALLY like to prove people wrong

Does next year look better? I lived through Bill Lewis. When you lose the team, you're done. We lose a lot on defense and most of the offensive line.

Oh no, not the offensive line......take my eyes but spare the OL!!

And he clearly hasn't lost the team. The defense played their asses off today and made some huge stops. That's really encouraging for the future, since our young front 7 was a big part of that.

Offensively, we just suck. Who knows if it's youth, injuries, or what. CPJ has been an offensive genius for like 30 years now, so if there's on aspect of the team that I expect to improve, it's that one.

Lastly, not sure where you get us losing that many players. We lose our whole secondary, which hurts, but it's also where we've consistently recruited the best. We lose our 3rd best LB and no DLs. Offensively we lose 2 starting OLS and Skov (lol). We also return like 19 backs from injury and Griffin on the OL.

I'm glad you are optimistic but the flip side might be-
--we will see how our DB recruiting has been when we have 4 guys who have never started try to play with a front 7 that was last in conf in sacks
-- neither Griffin or Joe gets back and Burden bails
--we find out Soph backs are not that much better than Fr backs
-without a downfield killer WR ,our Off will struggle for sure,AGAIN (quick,ck the baseball team)

We have four starters back from what was almost universally acclaimed the best OL in the nation in 2014, and they become maybe the worst GT OL I've witnessed in the 55+ years I've followed Tech. Amazing.

I am still bewildered by this. Was 2014 an illusion?

captainobvious-30190.jpg

2014 is what the program is capable of, and then some. If we have playmakers (big if) at WR, Back and QB, and serviceable line play, we can outscore most anyone in the country. At that point, all we really need is a defense that can get a couple stops per game and we are in high cotton. If we lack any one of those, we are likely a 7-8 win team. Two or more and we have 2015...

This offense HAS to have a big play threat at the WR position. Absolutely has to.

And what did we get? Our #1 guy at the position quits the ööööing team.

Add that fact to the obvious OL and Gotsis injury/no-show Jabari problems and that's how you get to 3-9.

Hell, when CFB puts out their season previews for all the teams in the country, they have a "worst-case scenario" season for everyone. Hard to believe we'd be willing to trade 3-9 for whatever their doomsday prediction for us was. Just goes to show that Murphy's Law is alive and well. Hopefully we'll never have to see something like that ever again.

I just pray that this season teaches us to never again let some 79 year old rock & roll singer, from England no less, perform on our field while at the same time making it necessary to tear up the turf from one of our best seasons in a long time.

I see it like this:

2014 we were an 8- or 9-win team that had good luck, and overachieved by a few wins.

2015 we had a slightly worse team due to youth, and a brutal schedule, and due to terrible luck we were a 6- or 7-win team that underachieved by several wins.

2016, the schedule is easier, and more experience, so we should be an 8-win team plus or minus some luck wins/losses.

Don't be a luck denier--our senior ABs and WRs didn't mess up Deshaun Watson's knee or make Richt call timeout on Butker's slow FG attempt. That has nothing to do with "making your own luck".

Don't be a luck denier--our senior ABs and WRs didn't mess up Deshaun Watson's knee or make Richt call timeout on Butker's slow FG attempt. That has nothing to do with "making your own luck".

Or make the GSU QB fck up a 4th quarter pitch when they had the game in hand, or make the VT QB throw a pick 6 to give the game away or help us convert a do or die 4th and 18 pass play in the same game. Good point about luck, pretty much everything went our way last year

Or make the GSU QB fck up a 4th quarter pitch when they had the game in hand, or make the VT QB throw a pick 6 to give the game away or help us convert a do or die 4th and 18 pass play in the same game. Good point about luck, pretty much everything went our way last year

I hate this argument. Luck goes both ways. If it weren't for an UNLUCKY moment in the UGA game where the refs let their players rip at the ball for 9000 seconds and return it for a touchdown, we might not have needed the Butker kick.

In the VT game, what about their RB fumbling and Brewer picking it up and running it in for a touchdown?

we could do this all day. The fact is, 2014 GT is one of the best Tech teams in the last 50 years. I'm not giving that up.

My impression during the game, right or wrong, is that key members of the offense either didn't know which play was called or didn't know what to do given the play call.

Either way, we handed UGa a game we could have easily won. Again.

We had a pulling OL sidestep a LB at the LOS to 'get to his man'. Either he shouldn't be starting on a pop warner team or he thought that the LB was being optioned, which was wrong.

captainobvious-30190.jpg

2014 is what the program is capable of, and then some. If we have playmakers (big if) at WR, Back and QB, and serviceable line play, we can outscore most anyone in the country. At that point, all we really need is a defense that can get a couple stops per game and we are in high cotton. If we lack any one of those, we are likely a 7-8 win team. Two or more and we have 2015...

:furious::cool:

Back