Cincinnati
Duke
Minnesota
Wake Forest

damn...
None of those schools will appreciate a 4* defensive tackle as much as us

GTsapper

USVI Wreck from Georgia Tech
This has Dalvin Tomlinson and Stephon Tuitt written all over it.

ThisIsAtlanta

Break In Case Of Emergency
Staff member
We should check out his mom.

I mean, we were gonna do it anyway, but still. We should. It'll make us feel better.

Ish

Dodd-Like
CPJ has actually signed some "studs" on the DL, they just never panned out:

Denzel McCoy - 4 stars - had to quit football due to neck (?) injury
Anthony Williams - 4 stars - never did anything
JC Lanier - 4 stars - never did anything
Francis Kallon - 4 stars - eh
Jordan Woods - 4 stars - quit program

Akinji07

Moderator you deserve
Staff member

Stop being that fan. Snap out of it.

gtrower

Dodd-Like

Talking about DTs more than DEs. McCoy was really the only guy slated at DT out of those guys. Lanier I guess was a OL/DT , but I don't think he was thought of as a stud regardless of which of the sites had him as a 4*.

The 2010 class was a big let down though. McCoy/Williams/Green on the DL should have been a monster haul for us. We beat out every factory in the SE for McCoy, but medical issues sidelined him before he took a snap. Williams was a HS stud but couldn't keep of the weed. Green had a ton of offers too but never elevated past contributor. Hell toss on Ayers leaving the program (we beat out Bama for him) at CB, Bostic fizzling at AB, Perkins never materializing, Skole going pro, and Smelter taking 2 years to play FB. That should have been an epic class setting us up for big '11/'12/'13 seasons.

Oh well, all you can do is hope these guys pan out.

swampsting

Now with incredulous facial expression
Talking about DTs more than DEs. McCoy was really the only guy slated at DT out of those guys. Lanier I guess was a OL/DT , but I don't think he was thought of as a stud regardless of which of the sites had him as a 4*.

The 2010 class was a big let down though. McCoy/Williams/Green on the DL should have been a monster haul for us. We beat out every factory in the SE for McCoy, but medical issues sidelined him before he took a snap. Williams was a HS stud but couldn't keep of the weed. Green had a ton of offers too but never elevated past contributor. Hell toss on Ayers leaving the program (we beat out Bama for him) at CB, Bostic fizzling at AB, Perkins never materializing, Skole going pro, and Smelter taking 2 years to play FB. That should have been an epic class setting us up for big '11/'12/'13 seasons.

Just watched some 2014 highlights ... there is absolutely nothing else on TV ... and Perkins had a decent senior season. Bostic, yeah, never did a whole lot. Threw a couple of good blocks for JT on the midline against Missy State in the Orange Bowl.
Agree on Williams and Kallon's 4 star status was based on ... something? Lanier was a big time recruit but I think injuries derailed him, too.

jdubjacket

Dodd-Like
Lanier was a big time recruit but I think injuries derailed him, too.
I don't think Lanier was cut out for Div. 1 football. I remember reading reports how some of the coaches were skeptical of him because he didn't have a mean streak to him. Look at his 2010-2012 participation:

2012 (junior): Saw action in one game -- vs. Presbyterian (Sept. 8).

2011 (sophomore): Played in one game -- vs. NC State (Oct. 1).

2010 (redshirt freshman): Played in the Middle Tennessee State game (Oct. 16).

ramblin' wagon

Fluke-like
Ban Hammer'd

Wasn't Perkins a 2 or 3 star? Not sure why Bostic was a 4 star. Both were solid ABs on one of the most efficient offenses we have had, so I think your descriptions are a little harsh.