5 Years $21.33M

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the rumor that Deion is not interested, Then imho Key is coaching himself into consideration. That UGA is going to name the score iwii, but the real question is can he have us looking respectable against UNC.

If you structure it with low dollars first two years and a cheap buyout at year two then the following very high numbers are irrelevant.
Where is the rumor that says Deion is not interested?

Where is the rumor that says Deion is not interested?
Supposedly came from a close contact of Deion. Now that's a Deion, not the Deion mind you, so Deion "Prime Time" Sanders might indeed be interested. But that's just a rumor.

Supposedly came from a close contact of Deion. Now that's a Deion, not the Deion mind you, so Deion "Prime Time" Sanders might indeed be interested. But that's just a rumor.
I mean, Mike Norvell to Arizona State has legs. If that does happen, we can all say goodbye to Deion. But until that happens, I'd be willing to bet we're still very much in play.

1st and 2nd year 300k base, +150k per win. 3rd year 700 base 200k per win. Year 4 -10 1 mil base +350k per win. Make it to year 10, 8 mil guaranteed, ACC and natty bonuses doubled.

ACC champ +500k. National champ + 2 mil bonus.

No guarantees, no buyouts, show us you are worth paying and we'll pay.

1st and 2nd year 300k base, +150k per win. 3rd year 700 base 200k per win. Year 4 -10 1 mil base +350k per win. Make it to year 10, 8 mil guaranteed, ACC and natty bonuses doubled.

ACC champ +500k. National champ + 2 mil bonus.

No guarantees, no buyouts, show us you are worth paying and we'll pay.

This is unrealistically low. Doubling our win total from the past three seasons and making a bowl would have him make only $1.2 million, which is far lower than the next lowest-paid coach (which was incidentally Collins at $2.8 million.)

Under this contract he could win eleven games and the ACC and he would still be the lowest paid coach in the conference.

We can get Key for cheap but not that cheap.

This is unrealistically low. Doubling our win total from the past three seasons and making a bowl would have him make only $1.2 million, which is far lower than the next lowest-paid coach (which was incidentally Collins at $2.8 million.)

Under this contract he could win eleven games and the ACC and he would still be the lowest paid coach in the conference.

We can get Key for cheap but not that cheap.

Your mind isn't rite. I don't want to double our win total I want to triple or quad it. This is the long game. If coach can coach he gets paid.

Your mind isn't rite. I don't want to double our win total I want to triple or quad it. This is the long game. If coach can coach he gets paid.

But if he triples our win total in the first three years then he's still the lowest paid coach in the conference by over half a million dollars based on the contract you outlined.

We are not going for a per-win based contract. There is already a clear incentive for a head coach. You win many games, and the school immediately puts many more millions on your contract. If they don't, some other school would.

What we need is a mostly non-guaranteed contract for a basically unproven candidate. The pay has to be respectable, $1.5-2 million or something.

We are not going for a per-win based contract. There is already a clear incentive for a head coach. You win many games, and the school immediately puts many more millions on your contract. If they don't, some other school would.

What we need is a mostly non-guaranteed contract for a basically unproven candidate. The pay has to be respectable, $1.5-2 million or something.

$1.5 million would be only half of what the next-lowest paid guy in the conference makes. I thought we could get Key cheap but the numbers you guys are throwing out seem a little crazy.

I was thinking more like $2.5 million a year with only a half million dollar buyout or something. Because that's really the key, the buyout -- if the buyout is low then there's no harm in giving a halfway decent salary.

If we hire Key it will be north of $3M
Why? If you offer him $1.5M would he not take it?

Where is this lunacy that Andrew keeps ranting about that we have to pay some kind of market rate like this? It is idiotic, but I will admit probably prevalent.

Does anyone really think that Key can make more than $1.5 million anywhere else next year? He was making 600k as an Oline coach and doing an absolutely horrible job at it, so in my mind if he doesn't take our HC offer he might have problems matching the 600k. Nobody else is going to offer him a HC spot, so thats not a problem. I don't see any chance of him being offered an OC spot, do you? Maybe he can make mid six figures on an NFL staff?

Frankly, it would be asinine to offer Key any more than what he can earn elsewhere. Key's market rate is completely different than the market rate of the other coaches in the conference.

The original post rumor was remarkable in that it reflected that reality and did not fall into the stupidity that is Andrew's argument that the market rate matters at all. The market rate only matters if someone else wants Key. Nobody else wants him, so the market rate is what we and Key agree on.

The perfect contract is one that gives Key modestly more money than he can earn somewhere else, with a profit sharing structure that richly rewards him if his performance benefits GT.

Bull$hit, What if we just keep starting massive bench clearing fights until they cancel the game?
We should make sure to get most of their players one game suspensions. That should be the goal.

What bargaining chips does he have? He is already on the team and no one else in P5 or G5 wants him as a head coach.
THIS THIS THIS. I hope nobody thinks like Andrew that you overpay him "just because".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back