#8- OL Cade Kootsourdis

Our recruiting pace has certainly picked up but if one finds star ratings important, not much has changed. Still a lot of recruiting to do. Shoot for the stars!

I'd say things have changed.

Keep in mind, it's still very early in the ratings process. Ratings can change a lot between now and late fall.

The Behrens pickup is MAJOR, whether it's reflected in the ratings yet or not.

Also, as others have alluded to, OL recruiting is really in the eye of the beholder. CBK KNOWS what he's looking for in kids who will be able to go toe to toe with Clem & uga.

Cade is built like a man (as opposed to a chubby 17 yr old) right now. He's agile and he can move. In 3 years when he's 20lbs heavier, watch out!

This the prototypical CPJ lineman. Size and agility. I mean he got a few of them. Just couldn’t coral 5 of them. This not knock on him.

Yep.

Did y'all see that kid pulling and going from one man to another blocking?!

And he's a long snapper to boot?!

Oh yeah, baby!

OL recruiting rankings are a craps shoot right now for the most part. Anybody who is Power 5 material looks like an absolute beast on his film because chances are he's much bigger than his competition. It is very hard-to- impossible to distinguish between a mid 3 and a high 4 star OL.

Once they start going to camps snd competing against each other and against better DL talent, the pictures become more clear. If Brent Key wants this guy in April, he's a good one.

The star ratings are in large part byproduct of being this early in the recruiting cycle. We will see how people end up. Unless folks are standouts early and attending recruiting camps, a more accurate rating doesn't get made early. The passed over guys tend to pick up their bigger offers late. What I see with our lower rated guys is a ton of size and athleticism. Clearly we have a staff looking at folks that fit a mold independent of recruiting services.

Our recruiting pace has certainly picked up but if one finds star ratings important, not much has changed. Still a lot of recruiting to do. Shoot for the stars!

No way.
We are currently ranked #16 in recruiting 247. PJ never did that. CGC "3-stars" are closer to 4, and PJ's were closer to 2.

Not so much his star ratings, but his offer list is pretty weak. We're the only P5 school to offer according to AJC.

Not sure why we're reaching for these guys at this stage in the process instead of going after the bigger fish.

Not so much his star ratings, but his offer list is pretty weak. We're the only P5 school to offer according to AJC.

Not sure why we're reaching for these guys at this stage in the process instead of going after the bigger fish.

This guy looks like a swing/utility/versatile lineman. You absolutely need to have these sort of guys to help your depth. He's absolutely P5 material if this staff and this OL coach wants him this early.

His floor is that he’s a 4 yr long snapper and utility lineman.

Very seldom reaches are taken in April. Some kids don’t play the recruiting game of going to the opening or Rivals camp to earn that recognition

I don't think anybody thought he was coming out in the 2020 class.

You have to look at it a little deeper. There is a difference between taking a player that hasn't really been evaluated vs. taking a 2 star guy. The staff believes Behrens and Koots are going to blow up and get more offers. We got in early. It's actually a bit of sneaky recruiting. But don't worry, we are going after the big fish, as well.

Somewhat. Had a Southern Miss offer and reportedly unofficially visited FSU. Some kids don't really get serious about the recruiting game until later, like they don't do the camps or much self promotion. But, 247 has now rated him a 3 star.
He is big and might get bigger. CBK might have a project on his hands, but if he is developed into a pro prospect, it would do wonders for our OL recruiting.

Both from his interviews and talking to staff I don't believe CBK is offering reach prospects, especially this early.

Well, the top 10 recruiting teams according to rivals are averaging 6+ 4* players; but there aren't very many 5* players committed yet. Still we seem to be doing better than typical years; we just haven't broken into the top 20 yet. Koots looks like a fine addition regardless of how many stars he has been christened with.

https://n.rivals.com/team_rankings/2020/all-teams/Football

Currently GT is ranked 22nd in the country.

What was our average over the last decade? 43rd or so?

Currently GT is ranked 22nd in the country.

What was our average over the last decade? 43rd or so?

I'm not sure what our average has been over the last 5-6 years; but if we end up top 25 or even top 30 it will be a notable improvement.

This the prototypical CPJ lineman. Size and agility. I mean he got a few of them. Just couldn’t coral 5 of them. This not knock on him.
Yeah Cade looks like a 4 star lineman in a CPJ world. A lot of athletic ability, and I'm sure it will translate nicely for Brent Key as well.

Gawdawful technique, but he plays until the whistle, until the whistle echoes, until the whistle writes its autobiography and dies of old age.

Looks strong enough to play early, and looks like he does what his HS coach teaches, which is important, but Brent has some work to do.

Back