A few major tasks to improve our offense

I will simply say this about this upcoming game against South Florida it is a good point to be made that Oliver killed them last year and their Run Defense is still showing that it is terrible. I suppose if I fell comfortable with this being more a of run oriented gameplan against a actually team that's not NFL talent top to bottom having Oliver start and play a good portion of this game makes sense but still want to see more drives for LJ and Graham ultimately because I feel they are still the better QBs option at least this year.

I will simply say this about this upcoming game against South Florida it is a good point to be made that Oliver killed them last year and their Run Defense is still showing that it is terrible. I suppose if I fell comfortable with this being more a of run oriented gameplan against a actually team that's not NFL talent top to bottom having Oliver start and play a good portion of this game makes sense but still want to see more drives for LJ and Graham ultimately because I feel they are still the better QBs option at least this year.

Calling too many designed runs for our QBs don't change the narrative of our FB Program for upcoming Recruits

If we don't change that identity and that narrative we won't recruit at high enough level to see a significant uptick, we won't get much better QB recruits

Better to sling it all over the yard, even if it means losses upfront and change the identity of GT FB to HS Recruits in GA, than to be ultra conservative with our game plans and call 20 QB keepers

We need to up the tempo vs USF - 30 called runs to RBs and at least 50 pass attempts

Time to rip the Band Aid off folks

Calling too many designed runs for our QBs don't change the narrative of our FB Program for upcoming Recruits

If we don't change that identity and that narrative we won't recruit at high enough level to see a significant uptick, we won't get much better QB recruits

Better to sling it all over the yard, even if it means losses upfront and change the identity of GT FB to HS Recruits in GA, than to be ultra conservative with our game plans and call 20 QB keepers

We need to up the tempo vs USF - 30 called runs to RBs and at least 50 pass attempts

Time to rip the Band Aid off folks

Seems like USF is a fast, speedy team that doesn't play good run defense and your solution is to pass it all over the field. Glad you aren't coach.

Winning will help to get the recruits on board; will help to show that the program is improving week to week. Running out of a shotgun is enough to prove to most recruits that we are different. Seeing a couple of highlights of pass plays, like the TD against Clemson is all that is needed to show that we are different.

It is a long season, there is plenty of time to install and improve the passing offense. As others have implied, it could be true that none of our current QBs are up to the task and that our OL is not built to pass protect, especially against good defenses.

Seems like USF is a fast, speedy team that doesn't play good run defense and your solution is to pass it all over the field. Glad you aren't coach.

Winning will help to get the recruits on board; will help to show that the program is improving week to week. Running out of a shotgun is enough to prove to most recruits that we are different. Seeing a couple of highlights of pass plays, like the TD against Clemson is all that is needed to show that we are different.

It is a long season, there is plenty of time to install and improve the passing offense. As others have implied, it could be true that none of our current QBs are up to the task and that our OL is not built to pass protect, especially against good defenses.

Rip

The

Band Aid

Off

Eking out wins with 25 called QB keepers ain't gonna change the identity of GT FB to HS Recruits and to HS Coaches

This is our free Mulligan year to change the identity without worrying too much about W-L record, we shouldn't waste that on a ton of QB keepers just to eke out a lower tier bowl game

We're playing with house money now, now is the time to be aggressive

I understand the sentiment to "RIP the band off narrative" but I think in context of past game and the thumping you took it would be a much better look to go out and win next 2-3 games for the program. I simply said Oliver had a huge game last year against them and their run D isn't great I didn't say just get under center and run him up the gut every play but a balance of 60-40 or 65-35 Run/Pass probably makes more sense for helping make the offense productive and keeping our defense fresh in what will be a hot day for them. I think the narrative is broke by simply seeing the offense is in Shotgun running traditional spread concepts where you run it or pass it and the fact that passing routes are a little more then just running WR Go routes and throw it deep. Feel free to continue to expand the passing offense against Citadel and then maybe a good balance against Temple and maybe if were lucky make it to 3-1 before starting the ACC run which if you can manage 3-4 or 4-3 which is a reasonable possibility if both sides of ball show progress and ending up with between 6-8 wins by end of season would be viewed as many as a net positive year considering the circumstances and don't think any current commitments or possible 2021 targets would view that season negatively knowing all the difficulties this season inherently had for GT.

If at the end of South Florida game between all QBs the line looks like this we all will be very happy... 13 out of 22 for 140 yards maybe 1 TD pass and no more then 1 INT and say about 28 carries for 140 combined yards from QB rushing we could all celebrate that line. If you manage that while tacking on the running back carries I would expect easily over 400 yards of total offense and would feel that we probably win that game as long as we don't make a ton of turnovers and bonehead special teams plays

Also, we certainly didn't believe that the entire playbook would be opened up the first week did we?

I’d imagine we have a very, very limited playbook going into week 1. We are teaching QBs a completely different way to play and think about how to attack defenses.

If I had to guess, we aren’t anywhere near having the full gamut of plays available. If I had to put a number on it, I’d say we’ve seen less than 1/3 of the offense.

As the OL and QBs get better at reading defenses and getting the basics, we will see more plays.

I’d imagine we have a very, very limited playbook going into week 1. We are teaching QBs a completely different way to play and think about how to attack defenses.

If I had to guess, we aren’t anywhere near having the full gamut of plays available. If I had to put a number on it, I’d say we’ve seen less than 1/3 of the offense.

As the OL and QBs get better at reading defenses and getting the basics, we will see more plays.

Every QB we have right now is essentially a true Fr. in terms of playbook knowledge and college passing experience. This is pretty much the reason for the low expectations from basically everyone.

We should win first. You have guys busting their butts and having an opportunity for a bowl game would be huge and helpful for the program long term.

Back