A HOUSE DIVIDED!!!

techrod

Flats Noob
A house divided we are, and there is NO way cg can get supporters together again. So I firmly believe that in the best interest of Tech football Chan should either resign or be bought out of his contract. We are adding to the stadium at great expense during a bad economy and a hapless football program. Sure the recruits are supposed to be attractrd by this new addition, but not with the fan base so divided. This leaves definate uncertainty and I don't believe we can attract the type athlete it will take to beat Ga. We need NOW a new head coach who can head off this uncertainty with real enthusiasm. I truly believe that if cg stays one more year we will be so far behind that the program could be set back as many as 6 or 7 years. The commitments so far is not a top 40 caliber players. There is only one I would give that distinction to and if cg stays this will be disaster. Next year we will probably win 4 to 7 games then you better watch out below. The acc is getting full of good coaches and we will not even be the status quo. By the way tell me again about the division between Aikman and Chan. That in itself should have been enough to throw up the caution flag!! People, with the status quo this ship is headed to the depths. A new coach is the only way out!!!

Even though we got spanked like a newborn baby(a newborn baby would have played better than we did) I think we are making too much out of this. We so soon forget that we beat at the time undefeated and 8th ranked NCST and ended Virginia's six game win streak. We almost won at Clemson in a driving rainstorm and should have beaten FSU. We are going to a bowl(hopefully) and all is not lost.

so you are satisfied with the way things are going? UNBELIEVABLE!!!!! Players quit, not prepared, and total disaray. The center couldn't even snap in the shot gun formation. It's been something all year except for 2 games.

Let me make myself clear. My reply was to techrod. gtfan1147 sneaked in front of me before I could post my comment.

Techrod...the house is not divided.

These boards are the fringe group of Tech fans and supporters.

I would bet 95% of Tech season ticket holders would not want Gailey fired...and I am one of them. Fact is...we met the expectations of the pre-season "experts".

Also...we have a serious graduation rate problem to go after as well...and the Tech alums want to see that fixed, keep the program clean...and win football games. So...you are not going to see Tech fire a coach that will run a clean program and take us to a bowl...particularly in their first year.

He deserves a few years to see if we can hit the top tier of bowls while running a clean program that graduates players.

Frankly, if we can be clean, graduate players, win 7 or 8 games per year while going to a BCS bowl every 5-10 years then I think we have overachieved for our institute. This is not thinking mediocre...I just put us in the league with the academic schools when comparing.

techrod, I am not at all happy at 7-5. I know we could and should be 10-2. But I am looking at the positives. Ok, so there was nothing positive about yesterday. WE learn from losses and mistakes. They make us better.

hiveredtech, I am a season ticket holder as well. I think if we get rid of GAiley, it would be a mistake. Give Chan a chance.

With apologies to all you CG apolgists but NCSt was way overrated... and UVA well... nuf said... this team, this season was not well coached... being well coached means to take what you have and put them in the best possible position to win... Coach Gailey did not put our offense in winning postion... CG did not 'associate' well with Troy Aikman because CG asked Troy to do what he was not capable of doing... (sounds like a similar problem with D. Bilbo)... Aikman won 4 Super Bowls wo/ CG and then couldn't perform well in the CG program... so Troy is the problem??? ... I think not....
Coach Gailey either 1) has to be given time to recruit his style players... (not very acceptable to us donators)
OR 2) change his approach to coaching (not very likely)...
so the decision falls to AD Braine... act or sit Coach Braine which will it be??? There have been so many changes this season with the new regime that we as season ticket holders are allowed to make some DEMANDS... either CG changes his "formula" or your formula has to exact better results... we're waiting with baited breathe...
as I said in earlier posts I will give a full post on Monday with many good and bad reasons why this season has gone down ... "in flames"...

As far as cg getting his own players, well we left with: Wimbush, Smith Muyers, Fox, Dorsey Blake, Wallace, Robinson, Manget, Rhino, Hollings, Watkins, Glover, Heller, Dyke, Cox, Brown, Reilly, Bilbo, Foschy[sp] ect. ect. and ect

Casbah62, I will be off the board Mon-Wed. I await curiously for your opinions of the situation, but will not see them until Thursday morning.

smile.gif

hiveredtech, I guess in 30+ years of attending GT Football I have only met 5% of the fans. I would like to meet some of the 95% you belong to.

NCState....A team that started 9-0, a team that beat FSU, who pumbled FLA, who beat ga.....I beg to differ. NCst was NOT overrated!! just M2C

GMC. I am one of those 95 percent. My e-mail is Iceman91779@aol.com.....So we can "Meet"

RW4L

I agree wholeheartedly. Gailey has to go.

We have the talent. We basically beat FSU. FSU manhandled Florida. Florida beat Georgia.

Early last season we were talking about national championships and BCS bowls. Look at the games we've lost. Most of them were lost clearly from coaching errors. We have the studs. We don't have the coaches.

This year we have the studs, unless Gailey pulls recruiting out - we won't next year and the next and then we'll be complaining about lack of talent and how we can't recruit sufficient talent to win at Georgia Tech.

Yep, we heard for years about how Georgia Tech couldn't win because we couldn't expect to get sufficient talent here with our academic standards and limited curriculum.

And then Bobby Ross and Ralph Friedgen taught us that was a misconception.

They proved that the right coach can get it done. Gailey's not the right coach.

I do not think the board represents the fringe of the fans just the most interested. We should have a program capable of 9-2 in that ACC most years. If we were in the SEC I might settle for 7-5 with a great year here and there . I will never settle for a loss like yesterdays. I guess I am one of the 5% plus the rest of the 200 or so tech fans that sit in the section I do.

to all of the experts that want a new coach...who do you go get? Who is available and would come to Tech?

Heck...if we did not get Gailey before Spurrier left...he would be the head coach at Florida!

You guys crack me up...if we fired our head coach after one year, a bowl game included at that...we would be the laughing stock of the country. We could never claim academics to be our priority again.

I will say now and admit later if I am wrong.

Chan will not be able to increase the graduation rate AND win more games.

Ross was one hell of a coach but you can give back the 90 MNC if you want the players to graduate in numbers. OLeary barely graduated anybody for various reasons.

Chan may be a great coach or not, but unless GT adds a fake major like UT and the cow college have we will never have a decent graduation rate and winning football.

Florida fans that I know say Gailey would not be in the running there. He was known in Florida for running a boring offense in Miami and the fans were very glad to see him go.

Back