A-T Points

BigDanT

J. Batt Fan
I got perks too. If I get to the stadium an hour early, I get discounted Hotdogs, popcorn, and Cokes
Shhhhh, but word on the street is if you get to the stadium early, you get shown in your seat by kickoff on tv.

jacket67

Dodd-Like
I had a weird experience with A-T points this year. I have been getting season tickets for 22 years, same 2 seats all that time except for the 2020 season. We never tried to relocate to a better location because we liked the people around us. I originally got the seats with my father in 1998, but he had arthritis in his knees and hips and only went with me for a couple years, so my brother-in-law started going to the games with me. We decided to move closer to the aisle this season, so when I renewed I requested a change. It turns out that the account was first ordered by my father, who had the same name as me (Jr/Sr), so all these years I was renewing seats under my father's account. He passed away about 4 years ago and had not attended a game in 20 years, but the AA somehow became aware of the issue and made me get a new account number and deleted 22 years of AT points from my account.

05GTCorndog

Staff member
I had a weird experience with A-T points this year. I have been getting season tickets for 22 years, same 2 seats all that time except for the 2020 season. We never tried to relocate to a better location because we liked the people around us. I originally got the seats with my father in 1998, but he had arthritis in his knees and hips and only went with me for a couple years, so my brother-in-law started going to the games with me. We decided to move closer to the aisle this season, so when I renewed I requested a change. It turns out that the account was first ordered by my father, who had the same name as me (Jr/Sr), so all these years I was renewing seats under my father's account. He passed away about 4 years ago and had not attended a game in 20 years, but the AA somehow became aware of the issue and made me get a new account number and deleted 22 years of AT points from my account.
This seems like the sort of thing that you could fix by escalating to the right level of decision maker.

77GTFan

Dodd-Like
It is pretty standard in college booster giving that you can't transfer an AT Fund type account point balance to a next generation. However, I think that should be reconsidered. Football programs are going to struggle to get younger fans to buy into contributing to sports programs for ticket buying priority. Enabling the next generation to pick up the giving on an account and enjoy the accumulated point balance makes sense to me.

jacket67

Dodd-Like
This seems like the sort of thing that you could fix by escalating to the right level of decision maker.
I think I will pursue it a little, but the BIL is retiring in a year and moving away, so I'm not sure I will be renewing for long, anyway. The AT points came in handy in 2020 and for ACCCG/Bowls, but I doubt those will be issues for awhile.

SMoney

Dodd-Like
In theory, shouldn’t it get better because now they can carry their alcoholic drinks to their seats right? If I’m not mistaken that wasn’t the case before.
FYI, they started allowing club members to take beers out to their seats several years back. This has helped for sure, but not a end all fix.

For those that haven't been in the club level, it should be noted that the lines in there can be pretty damn crazy. So many of us would love to go in and return to our seat minutes later, but when spending 5 minutes in a bathroom line and 10 minutes in a beer line, it makes it difficult. Hopefully the ability to purchase beer from other areas should ease some of this.

gtg970g

Dodd-Like
If your mom is living she should be able to maintain the account. I get tickets through my dad's account via my mom and like you said it's really only good for the times when a high demand post season game comes up and hopefully the Notre Dame game this year. When my mom dies I'll probably start buying through one of my hopefully grown children so they can have and keep the points after I'm gone. I like to plan ahead.

clapper

Dodd-Like
It is pretty standard in college booster giving that you can't transfer an AT Fund type account point balance to a next generation.
You can transfer/will your account upon death to a family member if you have endowed a full scholarship. It's a one shot deal though.

Sorry for making you all look bad with that massive total.
I think Steve Zelnak just doxed himself.