abc left the game so fast that we didn't get

bizzybee

Damn Good Rat
abc left the game so fast that we didn\'t get

to see any of the celebration afterwards. Did anyone see the goalposts taken down? Was the crowd all over the field?
confused.gif

Re: abc left the game so fast that we didn\'t get

Affirmative.

Both goalposts went down, a jolly time had by all.
drinking.gif

YES! I was on the field a little after they got the posts off the field. One frustrated Auburn fan got bumped by a Tech student trying to help carry the post and a fight ensued. The atmosphere was great on the field as was the celebration! Great game and post-game Jackets!

i was one of the first up on the first post to come down, it was a lot easier than i thought to tear down

LOL!! Wayne, DB probably has them loosened in hopes that soon there would be a reason to tear them down!!

I'm not tring to take away from the game...It WAS GREAT.....
But I agree with the ESPN commentator.......

Why are we taking the goal posts down after beating an 0-1 team??? Come on...This whole goal post thing is ridiculous. I'm all for it after a really big win (ie, National Championship), but seriously.....I'd rather see my contributions to GTAA go to something better!

I've got about 100 pics...give me a day or so to
sort through them and you'll get your fill of images
from the goalposts and etc.

Mark,

This was a cathartic game and a release of alot of
pent up anger and frustration at the disrespect we
have been given in the local and national media.

The team and the fans needed the release as much
as the win.

You should have seen the players' faces as they were
mobbed and congratulated...especially the freshmen
guys. It was great.

Originally posted by Mark:
I'm not tring to take away from the game...It WAS GREAT.....
But I agree with the ESPN commentator.......

Why are we taking the goal posts down after beating an 0-1 team??? Come on...This whole goal post thing is ridiculous. I'm all for it after a really big win (ie, National Championship), but seriously.....I'd rather see my contributions to GTAA go to something better!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">

I agree, Cracker. Ordinarily, I would agree with ESPN about the posts, but they don't know what these kids (and fans) have been going through. They don't know that everyone (except Brooking) picked Auburn, and, not only picked Auburn but laughed at the 9 pts. saying it was MUCH TOO LOW!! They don't know how good it made us feel to see a COMPLETE game and to have it against an S-E-C team!!!!! FWIW, forget espn.
blue.gif

I hear you...Again, this was a huge win....I am very impressed with what I saw. Do you think the goal posts would have come down today had we beat Wake Forest, who is arguably a much better team???? Not after 2 games.
I don't want to take away the jubilation of the team....Let's hope they can build on it; I just think the whole goal post thing is being diluted.

Buying a ticket does not give you the right to bee on the field. We should act like we expect to win and like we have been there beefore. It is one, although glorious, game. Saw one kid carried off field by his 2 buddies, had his leg broken, the jerk.

Besides, it'll give Braine another excuse to gouge more money from season ticket holders.

Someone should auction the goalposts on eBay.

I didn't think we should have torn the post down but once I got onto the field you could sense that these kids needed something like that. The players and coaches had been beaten down so much that this was just a way of showing how much this game meant to us all. Great time down on the field.

BTW, I had never predicted a Tech loss until this week and I've never been happier to be wrong.

Great game players and coaches.

I saw some clips on ESPN of the posts, but I loved the shots of Reggie crowd surfing! Great Stuff

I am not a fan of tearing down goalposts for any wins other than the biggest, but we haven't beaten Auburn since 1978. Big win for Chan and the team (and us loyal fans who got there early to hold up against the onslaught of orange)!

I was at the ballgame and took pictures of the wild celebration. I will post pictures once I get them developed. The funniest thing was the police officer in the North endzone with his hands behind his back staring at the ground while fans were charging the field and goalposts.

I was there and the celebration was good for my heart. The team I saw yesterday came out and played like they had fire in thier bellies. Did my heart good. Mustard and I talked before the game and we both agreed that Tech was gona beat Aubum. As for the fight I have probably seen Tech and Aubum play maybe 20 times and have not seen a game yet where there was not a fight somewhere.

just so you guys dont get your panties in a wad

the goalposts are insured and it doesnt cost anything to replace them

before you find something else ridiculous to blame on CDB

It looked to me like GTAA must've expected the goalposts to come down if Tech won. Did anyone else see the men take off the pads from the posts after the interception with less than a minute to play? It was the south endzone that I noticed. When I looked to the north, those pads were already gone. Then the guys just turned around sort of like to say, "Let 'em have at it." Those pads aren't usually taken off before the game is over.

I'm not a big fan of bringing down the goalposts "all the time", but it was such an emotional game--on the field as well as in the stands--so I can certainly understand. Maybe my voice will be back by the time we leave for Tally on Friday.

I think it was appropriate that the posts came down. Aubie is our second largest rival historically and we haven't beaten them on the flats since the '60s I believe. Somebody look it up.

rw1, was on the field
, personally shook many players hands and told them how much we appreciated it.

Sorry, I did not get on the goalposts...
shocked.gif

Back