ACC May Pull An 0’fer In Conference Bowl Wins*

swampsting

Now with incredulous facial expression
and the SEC yahoos are really gonna thump their chests because two under .500 SEC teams beat ranked opponents today.
I guess fattening up on also rans like UT, USC east and Vandy is the way to go

NC State showed just what a poser they really were today.

gtfan1147

Dodd-Like
and the SEC yahoos are really gonna thump their chests because two under .500 SEC teams beat ranked opponents today.
I guess fattening up on also rans like UT, USC east and Vandy is the way to go

NC State showed just what a poser they really were today.
They had some solid wins, but their season was primarily built on missing Clemson and Notre Dame.

jts1207

Memes posted are not fact checked for accuracy
Done deal. Browns an idiot

77GTFan

Dodd-Like
I could not be happier. This is an ideal end for Swofford. UNC had not been to a major bowl in seventy years. They went this year because Swofford kept the Triangle teams from playing Clemson. UNC would have had four regular season losses.

joeye

Varsity Connoisseur
Good. Conference rooting is lame unless it serves your team’s direct self interest.
Good god, thank you! I will not blindly pull for the conference until we’re the established daddy of the conference and need them to win games to help prop us up. Until then, F ‘em

The Jacket

The Coat
Former PAC 12 QB defending the ACC lol okkkkk
Leinart isn't wrong, and Clay Travis is a moron.

I don't "blindly" pull for ACC teams, but I also don't do the equally mindless opposite. Often, like if it's VPI vs Miami, or an SEC game, I just pray that Bane shows up.

jts1207

Memes posted are not fact checked for accuracy
Leinart isn't wrong, and Clay Travis is a moron.

I don't "blindly" pull for ACC teams, but I also don't do the equally mindless opposite. Often, like if it's VPI vs Miami, or an SEC game, I just pray that Bane shows up.

Clays not a moron. Did all ACC teams have stars opt out to account for the losses?

The Jacket

The Coat
Clays not a moron. Did all ACC teams have stars opt out to account for the losses?
Clay is definitely a moron. That is totally unrelated to what he said in his tweet, but he is a moron nonetheless.

edit: I liked his book though.

TampaBayJacket

Dodd-Like
When is the last time the ACC had a winning bowl record? It seems like it's been several years in a row where our conference has looked bad in the bowls. You're kidding yourself if you dont think this affects recruiting and fan/donor interest.

On a positive note, our bowl record started declining once our bowl affiliations strengthened. It seemed like the ACC is underdogs in most bowls they play anymore, which means our opponents are typically good. Most of the teams played very competitively in each bowl this year despite the 0-fer status.

gt2690b

PB time!
When is the last time the ACC had a winning bowl record? It seems like it's been several years in a row where our conference has looked bad in the bowls. You're kidding yourself if you dont think this affects recruiting and fan/donor interest.

On a positive note, our bowl record started declining once our bowl affiliations strengthened. It seemed like the ACC is underdogs in most bowls they play anymore, which means our opponents are typically good. Most of the teams played very competitively in each bowl this year despite the 0-fer status.
Except for Clemson

JC7

Varsity Lurker
Carolina will bootyblast A&M. He seems like a nice guy but the truth is that Mac Brown's heart is black with sin and hatred. Expect him to be foaming at the mouth on the sideline. Sometime in the second quarter he'll remove his pants. At halftime, Jimbo's wife will be reported missing. A play will be called sometime in the second half which violates a number of federal laws. At LAX, a boeing jet will take flight with no pilots, no people onboard. In the galaxy of Andromeda, a young civilization will be annihilated when the sun which gave it life goes supernova. Plants on Earth will spontaneously develop the ability to feel pain. North Carolina wins 28-24.
This may be the greatest episode of Walker: Texas Ranger that never made it on to air.

RussianOffense

НЕТ ВОЙНЕ
Perhaps if your conference gets 2 teams in the playoffs, you risk all your conference's teams getting shifted up on the bowls totem pole to where they're playing teams that aren't an equal match.

For instance, 8-3 UNC vs. 8-1 TAMU wasn't an equal matchup--TAMU had two fewer losses.