ACC moves this year's championship game from Charlotte

“As members of the Atlantic Coast Conference, the ACC Council of Presidents reaffirmed our collective commitment to uphold the values of equality, diversity, inclusion and non-discrimination. Every one of our 15 universities is strongly committed to these values and therefore, we will continue to host ACC Championships at campus sites. We believe North Carolina House Bill 2 is inconsistent with these values, and as a result, we will relocate all neutral site championships for the 2016-17 academic year. All locations will be announced in the future from the conference office.”

Unless of course you rape someone... Then we do everything we can to make sure the victims voice is silenced and the story is fully covered up!

WTF?? If the citizens of NC want a law, why does the ACC/NCAA care? To me, if they don't move all events to a stadium with gender neutral bathrooms and let men play womens sports and women play mens sports then they are just as guilty as the voters in NC...

“As members of the Atlantic Coast Conference, the ACC Council of Presidents reaffirmed our collective commitment to uphold the values of equality, diversity, inclusion and non-discrimination. Every one of our 15 universities is strongly committed to these values and therefore, we will continue to host ACC Championships at campus sites. We believe North Carolina House Bill 2 is inconsistent with these values, and as a result, we will relocate all neutral site championships for the 2016-17 academic year. All locations will be announced in the future from the conference office.”

Unless of course you rape someone... Then we do everything we can to make sure the victims voice is silenced and the story is fully covered up!

WTF?? If the citizens of NC want a law, why does the ACC/NCAA care? To me, if they don't move all events to a stadium with gender neutral bathrooms and let men play womens sports and women play mens sports then they are just as guilty as the voters in NC...

This x 1000

I figured the ACC would have some type of contract with the stadium owner (Panthers?).

Sick and tired of these intellectual idiots mixing politics and sports. First the NFL and now the acc title game can kiss off.

Keep politics out of sports!!!

Because Acc is gay?

We could just skip having a championship game and crown One True Champion a la the Big XII. I mean, that worked out pretty well for them.

Unbelievable. Just play the damn game in Charlotte. IIRC, Charlotte officials are against the state law anyway. Why punish their city.

Just move it to Atlanta. Play it the day after the SEC Championship. Don't bother removing the confetti or SEC logos or team names from the field. Play the game at 11:30 AM to get it over with. Put tarps over the upper decks

Just move it to Atlanta. Play it the day after the SEC Championship. Don't bother removing the confetti or SEC logos or team names from the field. Play the game at 11:30 AM to get it over with. Put tarps over the upper decks

I think the Falcons and the Chiefs might have something to say about that, especially since they kickoff at 1:00.

Back