ACC power rankings

ee8384

Affable Curmudgeon
Maybe. Threet was decent but not great at Michigan and Arizona State. 18 TD/16 INT in his last year against fairly weak Pac-10 defenses.
Those 2 Super Bowls he won made up for it.

GT98

Dodd-Like
GT seems to do well when there are little to no expectations and difficulty following up good/great seasons.

Regardless, I think that the team has enough to have a winning season and make a bowl game.

gt2690b

PB time!
GT seems to do well when there are little to no expectations and difficulty following up good/great seasons.

Regardless, I think that the team has enough to have a winning season and make a bowl game.
This is true but with so much juice comes expectations

GTce93

Varsity Lurker
If I recall correctly, wasn’t Threet probably going to be the starting QB here in 2007?

My guess is Gailey would have finally had himself a good QB and we’d have never seen CPJ here had Threet stayed.
Think the other QB that was coming in was Sean Renfree- right? Ended up going to Duke with the coaching change.

GSOJacket

Varsity Lurker
"GT last in the Coastal, 13th in the ACC ahead of only Louisville. If this doesn't get the team fired up nothing will."

The analysis is reasonable from a non-GT source. We all hope it's proven wrong, but talk is cheap. If we want better, we'll need to earn it. I like what I've seen from Collins and staff so far, but we're facing a challenging transition. I hope we have enough grownups in the room to give our program the support it needs through the next several seasons.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
Dwyer had the best film I have ever seen from a GT commit.