"ACC Power Rankings"

Well, we did try to choke an easy one away

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

We just need to wait out the pending crash for Duke and Pitt after all this media love.

Whew. Thank heavens we've got all those other games to play. "We've got 'em just where we want 'em."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We're 10-0 going into Clemson.

Every team in front of us has flaws too. We'll need to get lucky a few times though.

If we're the 13th best team in the conference then the ACC is the best conference in the country. Just silly to have us that low. We'll win ~8 games per usual and finish around 5th in the league.

If we're the 13th best team in the conference then the ACC is the best conference in the country. Just silly to have us that low. We'll win ~8 games per usual and finish around 5th in the league.

What makes 8 wins usual? 7 is more like it.

ESPN has been extremely down on GT all season.

- The win at Tulane is routinely called a "struggle" despite nearly doubling the spread
- GT was the only ACC team to not get a game recap last week
- GT is routinely in double digits in the "power ranking"
- ESPN predicts GT to finish last or next to last in the Coastal every week
- GT is ignored on writeups. A search for "GT" in the "ACC Blog" lists only 2 hits on the front page, both negative

It's just something we'll have to deal with. Nothing new from ESPN, except this year we can't blame Dinich.

Andrea Adelson is a moron. Chokies actually lose their game to their patsy and they are still ranked 5th? Sure they beat Ohio St but consistency has to count for something.

Anyway, doesn't matter. When we start knocking off one conference opponent after another we'll get some love.

It starts next week. Don't expect respect. Earn it.

Besides I can guarantee the VPI players and coaches and every other Coastak opponent isn't looking at GT and saying, "man can't wait for that game!"

It's just something we'll have to deal with. Nothing new from ESPN, except this year we can't blame Dinich.

Say what you will about Dinich, at least she made an effort to cover and write something about every team in the league

Good. I don't want to be given respect until we start knocking off some conference foes.

Doesn't mean anything. Hokies' board (TSL) assumes easy win over us. This may be the VPISU team's attitude also. Actually Spinach & Co. helps lull opposition into complacency.

Truth is that we haven't shown ourselves to be a good team against weak competition. With opponents taking us lightly, can we take advantage or proceed to oblivion? CPJ will show us next week.

Anyway, doesn't matter. When we start knocking off one conference opponent after another we'll get some love.

Say what you will about Dinich, at least she made an effort to cover and write something about every team in the league

Remember back in 2009 when Dinich wrote an article about how an 11-win GT team who knocked off VT was ruining the league? Something about how it's bad form to beat the teams that could legitimately represent the ACC in the national spot light.

Edit: found the blog post. The argument was that for the ACC to be relevant in college football, VT, FSU, and Miami all need to be "back" and national contenders. GT's wins over FSU and VT that season hurt the conference because GT will never be able to claim the national spot light like the other 3 schools. Quality post from a "neutral" blogger.

Last edited:
Outside of Tech fans our team has to be perceived as one lit match close to a dumpster fire. Half of the fans want CPJ gone while others want CTR gone. Top recruit bailed while last year's top recruit couldn't qualify and it feels like we lost 20 scholarship players during the off season. Then Tech appears to struggle against perceived weaker opponents. To top it all off there are a few look at me posters that want to tell us how bad Tech sucks at every opportunity. Then we get all pissy when the media ranks our team low.

I knew a kid that would make fun of his sister calling her butterball because she was overweight. But if anyone else made fun of her he would kick their ass. I guess it is OK for us to make fun of GT, but God forbid if anyone else does.

Back