ACCN: VT @ GT (2009) just started.

Did this game really not air in HD? I feel old.

I just can't get past us not whipping UGAg that year.

My favorite GT game as a student. Cold night on homecoming weekend with the Coastal title on the line (for all intents and purposes). VT was coming in 4th ranked and with an outside shot at the Natty. BDS was packed and rocking all night to All the Way Turnt Up and Zombie Nation. Nesbitt cemented his “Most Interesting Man in the World” status with a badass 39 yard run with 3 mins left in the game to put us up 28-16 and seal the deal. After the final snap Dwyer turns to the student section and waves us on to the field. Rush the field, goal posts go down, and GT jumps into the top 10 and goes on to win the ACC Championship game over Clemson. Good times.

They beat us with 76 yards passing. Their top 2 rushers went for 9.2 a carry.

I’d love to hear @ibeeballin explain wtf happened to our defense there.
Richt's game plan was based on a hunch that we couldn't stop a heavy run attack. They saw something on film and went all-in on it. I read that somewhere that he said something to that effect after the game.

Richt's game plan was based on a hunch that we couldn't stop a heavy run attack. They saw something on film and went all-in on it. I read that somewhere that he said something to that effect after the game.
That's exactly what happened. They just ran the ball right up the gut.

That's when the "we run this state" mantra started at UGA.

This was a great game and one of the high marks of the Johnson years. The crowd was just as turnt up as the players and it was very loud that night.

After the game when the North goalpost came down we carried it out the tunnel and to the President’s House, where it was disassembled. Both handsaws and power-saws appeared seemingly out of thin air when needed.

They beat us with 76 yards passing. Their top 2 rushers went for 9.2 a carry.

I’d love to hear @ibeeballin explain wtf happened to our defense there.

Played flat! We knew we were the better team and didn’t go in with the same intensity

They Ran inside zone and found cut back lanes all night or the safety missed the tackle

Last edited:
Played flat! We knew we were the better team and didn’t go in with the same intensity

They Ran inside zone and found cut back lanes all night or the safety missed the tackle
Against UGA!?
giphy.gif

Back