Ace Eley returning in 2022

Do we now expect everyone with eligibility remaining (who could go pro or to the portal) to make such an announcement?

Stop being a dew claw.
1639674306386.png

The coaches deserve every bit of complaining that we give them. But Ace seemed to be an improvement from last year. Not sure why you need to öööö on him.
I'm not.... Just stating the facts....the young man wants to get drafted.... Our defense played poorly, he can right show out next year and raise is draft stock and hopefully improve our defense to the Ted roof era (2014 or 2016 level)

I'm not.... Just stating the facts....the young man wants to get drafted.... Our defense played poorly, he can right show out next year and raise is draft stock and hopefully improve our defense to the Ted roof era (2014 or 2016 level)
Ted Roof only had to defend 6-8 possessions per game due to clock management.

Anyhow….you have more opportunities as a defender for stats in this program. Kinda like under Tenuta. Wondering what direction we’ll take next year.

Anyhow….you have more opportunities as a defender for stats in this program. Kinda like under Tenuta. Wondering what direction we’ll take next year.
defensive FEI:

2019: 93
2020: 88
2021: 119

Coach Ted Roof was never worse then 50... If you are saying that is because of the Option.... Maybe the boosters should think about apologizing to Coach Paul Johnson and then get into talks about brining back the bone.

Or we can just buyout the Coach Collins and actually hire a football coach.... Either way after next season of winning 3-4 games it will be nice to have a new Head Coach. I am calling it now... AD TSTAN will stay...but Collins will go after next season...Why I ran into a former GT player class of 89 linebacker Doug Sendobry... big guy, real nice...part of the black watch. He said Collins was a joke too soft. He said we won’t have a good team for 10 years...It will take four years to overcome Coach Collins mistakes....AD has the buyout for next year already looking for a new coach..It will after happen after 18 dec 2022...

defensive FEI:

Coach Ted Roof was never worse then 50... If you are saying that is because of the Option.... Maybe the boosters should think about apologizing to Coach Paul Johnson and then get into talks about brining back the bone.

Or we can just buyout the Coach Collins and actually hire a football coach.... Either way after next season of winning 3-4 games it will be nice to have a new Head Coach. I am calling it now... AD TSTAN will stay...but Collins will go after next season...Why I ran into a former GT player class of 89 linebacker Doug Sendobry... big guy, real nice...part of the black watch. He said Collins was a joke too soft. He said we won’t have a good team for 10 years...It will take four years to overcome Coach Collins mistakes....AD has the buyout for next year already looking for a new coach..It will after happen after 18 dec 2022...
What was the DFEI in 2018, the most relevant year for comparison with how things were left? A good chunk of those guys have been playing three to four years since. I’ll hang up and listen.

defensive FEI:

Former players have been wrong plenty of times before. It won’t be ten years before we go bowling again. We are getting above average players into our program. Collins is probably at an 80% chance of getting fired next year unless Jeff Sims gets really good under this new coordinator.

He actually was a grad transfer from Maryland that played there for 3 years. I don't know why we list our players the way we do, but it's not right and very confusing. We have been listing them as how much eligibility they have left. So he was listed as a JR because he had 2 years left to play (played 3 at UM and one of those was the free Covid year), but wasn't really a "JR."
I'm not sure any school has a better way of doing it right now. The "free" year of eligibility from COVID has turned the college football landscape on its ear from an eligibility standpoint.

Well I lived through the Bill Lewis era and now I have to live through the Geoff Collins era.... twice in a lifetime...no fan deserves that.... Facts are Facts.... Ted Roofs defense was usually in the 40-50 and he got fired for poor defense.... Geoff Collins Defense is in the 100s every year....look it up... Ted Roof is better than Geoff Collins....IIWII....Go Jackets...
:bigcry: :bigcry:
Gave you 2 because one big cry just wasn't enough, given the amount of bitching you do.

What was the DFEI in 2018, the most relevant year for comparison with how things were left? A good chunk of those guys have been playing three to four years since. I’ll hang up and listen.
Actually the guys like Tre Swilling, Tobias Oliver,Tariq Carpenter, etc were here since 2017....

2017 Ted Roof 4-2-5 (last year) DFEI: 47
2018 Nate Woody 3-4(1 year) DFEI: 102

Coach Collins
2019 4-2-5 DFEI: 93
2020 4-2-5 DFEI: 88
2021 4-2-5 & 3-3-5 DFEI: 111

Actually the guys like Tre Swilling, Tobias Oliver,Tariq Carpenter, etc were here since 2017....

2017 Ted Roof 4-2-5 (last year) DFEI: 47
2018 Nate Woody 3-4(1 year) DFEI: 102

Coach Collins
2019 4-2-5 DFEI: 93
2020 4-2-5 DFEI: 88
2021 4-2-5 & 3-3-5 DFEI: 111

102. Got it.

Dfei (cited on this page) is based on drive success rate, so fewer possessions won't inherently skew it

Last edited:
Well I lived through the Bill Lewis era and now I have to live through the Geoff Collins era.... twice in a lifetime...no fan deserves that.... Facts are Facts.... Ted Roofs defense was usually in the 40-50 and he got fired for poor defense.... Geoff Collins Defense is in the 100s every year....look it up... Ted Roof is better than Geoff Collins....IIWII....Go Jackets...
TROOF!

Expected as his play was awful and no chance of getting drafted... Hope he and the entire defense plays better this year...heck if they play as well as the leaky Ted Roof Defense of 2017 they will go from 119 to 49th... That would be huge! Go jackets!
Wow, I just assumed he graded out poorly also, but 547 of 589 is some rare territory. Let’s hope the new coaches can turn this around for him.

Back