Actual talk about the rest of this football season

Like 2011, 8-5? No. Wins against Western Carolina, Middle Tenn, a 2-10 Maryland team, and a 3-9 Duke team. Lost to Georgia, lost the bowl game. Not a nice season.

Wins over UNC, a 16th ranked NCState, and a 2 touchdown win over a top 5 ranked Clemson. We were in the top 25 for most of that season. :dunno:

Nevermind the stats, I'm struck by the fact that JfN and JT each had an 11 and 9 win seasons, and we've been mediocre to bad basically every other year. Were we good because those dudes were awesome, or do remember that they were awesome because we were good for other reasons? I'd sure take my chances with either one of them right now, especially JfN.

JRjr
I think this says it all right here. We are very good when we have a good QB, and bad when we have a bad QB. The only outlier is 2015, but we were so ravaged by injuries that year that it's hard to judge.

We need to find our next star QB and get him out there ASAP. Until then, we're not gonna turn it around.

We beat ourselves too much right now to hold out hope for some kind of winning streak. Bowl eligibility would mean we really bucked the trend, but we are just too inconsistent in every phase in a deeply ingrained way to get anyone's A game and walk away with a win. That said, in the conference of "bring your A game", that doesn't seem to happen much for anyone. So who knows.

My advice for the rest of the season: enjoy the tailgates and hope for the best.
You really want a bowl game and the several more weeks of this piss poor reaction?

Man Up Jackets!

Wins over UNC, a 16th ranked NCState, and a 2 touchdown win over a top 5 ranked Clemson. We were in the top 25 for most of that season. :dunno:
Like most things in life how you end is more important than how you begin.

We beat ourselves too much right now to hold out hope for some kind of winning streak. Bowl eligibility would mean we really bucked the trend, but we are just too inconsistent in every phase in a deeply ingrained way to get anyone's A game and walk away with a win. That said, in the conference of "bring your A game", that doesn't seem to happen much for anyone. So who knows.

My advice for the rest of the season: enjoy the tailgates and hope for the best.
Screen Shot 2018-10-19 at 12.22.55 PM.png

Like 2011, 8-5? No. Wins against Western Carolina, Middle Tenn, a 2-10 Maryland team, and a 3-9 Duke team. Lost to Georgia, lost the bowl game. Not a nice season.

But hey, we beat Duke amirite?

Back