AD

BigPlayCJ

Varsity Lurker
Any other word on a new AD yet? Everything seems to be going smooth without one oddly

As I noted in one of the earlier threads, we have an entire staff of highly competent people including some stand out former GT athletes. I really don't understand why there should be any need to go outside for an AD at this point. Let's give one of our own a chance to shine.

Why not just keep an interim for a year and reassess at the end of the school year when contracts run out?
You won't draw talent like that, although it's what you could do with an internal hire.

The problem is that you're unlikely to have someone with sufficient training and experience in the strategic thinking needed to have the required paradigm shift to make Tech athletics relevant in a marketplace where every competitor has a distinct advantage. Then if you find that person, he or she needs the executive leadership needed to execute the needed change.

The search committee needs to forget ADs and assistant ADs and call the Fortune 500 SVP or above alumni.

You won't draw talent like that, although it's what you could do with an internal hire.

The problem is that you're unlikely to have someone with sufficient training and experience in the strategic thinking needed to have the required paradigm shift to make Tech athletics relevant in a marketplace where every competitor has a distinct advantage. Then if you find that person, he or she needs the executive leadership needed to execute the needed change.

The search committee needs to forget ADs and assistant ADs and call the Fortune 500 SVP or above alumni.
What paradigm shift can we have? The truth is we are one of the smaller P5 schools so we have a nice income, but limited growth potential. Winning in football and basketball are the the road to growth and I think that takes someone who has been in athletics, not a random businessman.

that's how you get a dave brandon....

What paradigm shift can we have? The truth is we are one of the smaller P5 schools so we have a nice income, but limited growth potential. Winning in football and basketball are the the road to growth and I think that takes someone who has been in athletics, not a random businessman.

That's the thinking of someone in athletics. What you need is a turnaround expert. There's a reason that businesses go after people in different industries rather than simply pursuing their competitors - it's better to find the best athlete and teach him the sport than to find someone who knows the sport and try to make him a better athlete.

That's the thinking of someone in athletics. What you need is a turnaround expert. There's a reason that businesses go after people in different industries rather than simply pursuing their competitors - it's better to find the best athlete and teach him the sport than to find someone who knows the sport and try to make him a better athlete.
So what is your idea other than to eliminate graduate athletic fees, which I agree that all athletic fees should be cut? Sometimes the constraints are what they are. I don't see a businessman growing revenue without winning. Maybe you do and I'll take a hit off your bong. Winning is the only way to grow it. I rode with two Georgia fans to the Citrus Bowl in 1990. Funny how that works.

We need a guy who gives a öööö about the program. That's the only way we can prevent them from using this job as a stepping stone. I'm sure we can find a capable Tech guy to run the program.

As I noted in one of the earlier threads, we have an entire staff of highly competent people including some stand out former GT athletes. I really don't understand why there should be any need to go outside for an AD at this point. Let's give one of our own a chance to shine.

IMO because we need someone capable of doing more than preach to the choir. We need a unifier for sure, but we have got to get someone capable of reaching out to new members, to join our flock, and fill the pews.

So what is your idea other than to eliminate graduate athletic fees, which I agree that all athletic fees should be cut? Sometimes the constraints are what they are. I don't see a businessman growing revenue without winning. Maybe you do and I'll take a hit off your bong. Winning is the only way to grow it. I rode with two Georgia fans to the Citrus Bowl in 1990. Funny how that works.

Golden State Warriors' wins followed far behind their massive growth in revenue. "Just win" is a stupid strategy, because football, unlike business, is a zero-sum game.

We need a guy who gives a öööö about the program. That's the only way we can prevent them from using this job as a stepping stone. I'm sure we can find a capable Tech guy to run the program.

This right here. We need someone that cares about Tech athletics. Most likely that will be a Tech grad.

Golden State Warriors' wins followed far behind their massive growth in revenue. "Just win" is a stupid strategy, because football, unlike business, is a zero-sum game.
Please show that. Curry was an invalid his first few years. So you are equating the problem with a professional team with no competition like UGA?

Back