Adonicas Sanders to the portal

QuadF

Dodd-Like
~Sports Illustrated tweeted Wednesday (1/5) that a record 3,000-plus FBS and FCS players have entered the transfer portal in the past two months. This week alone, 173 players have hit the portal, according to 247 Sports.~

As the one-and-done turned me, a once die-hard college bb fan, off to the sport, the transfer portal and NIL will eventually do the same with regard to my following college football. It’s inevitable and will probably happen sooner than later.
I actually think the 1 and done (or immediate) is the best thing that can happen. It means that players can either be paid immediately or stay amateur and build. It reduces pressure on colleges to pay.

The Champ

Dodd-Like
Gonna be a lot of athletes with no place to go.
Plenty of job openings in our country these days.

He was a good player, not exceptionally talented but definitely solid. I think I liked most that he played with some fire.

I don’t think he’s a kid that won’t find a landing spot. He’ll be a really good player at a solid G5 school. Probably get to play in a bowl game somewhere.

gtphd

What a time to be alive
Plenty of job openings in our country these days.

He was a good player, not exceptionally talented but definitely solid. I think I liked most that he played with some fire.

I don’t think he’s a kid that won’t find a landing spot. He’ll be a really good player at a solid G5 school. Probably get to play in a bowl game somewhere.
Just because someone is in the portal doesn't mean they're leaving. For some it's a way to test interest.

For a player like Sanders, there will be plenty of offers from FCS and G5. If it's interested in earning a free master's degree + playing another year of football, he could go to a place like Georgetown or Villanova and do well.

Speaking of Georgetown, do online programs count towards academic eligibility? For example, Georgetown has the online School of Continuing Studies, in which there's an MPS (Masters of Professional Studies) in Sports Management (https://scsonline.georgetown.edu/programs/masters-sports-industry-management) which pretty much everyone gets accepted into. Can they use that for athletes? That could be a game changer for us if we could do that, too.

cincyjacket

Dodd-Like
He was a solid receiver. This hurts. Team is better with him. Good luck to him and thanks for your contributions.

The Champ

Dodd-Like
Just because someone is in the portal doesn't mean they're leaving. For some it's a way to test interest.

For a player like Sanders, there will be plenty of offers from FCS and G5. If it's interested in earning a free master's degree + playing another year of football, he could go to a place like Georgetown or Villanova and do well.

Speaking of Georgetown, do online programs count towards academic eligibility? For example, Georgetown has the online School of Continuing Studies, in which there's an MPS (Masters of Professional Studies) in Sports Management (https://scsonline.georgetown.edu/programs/masters-sports-industry-management) which pretty much everyone gets accepted into. Can they use that for athletes? That could be a game changer for us if we could do that, too.
Coastal Carolina could be a good fit. Go play for a rising program, passing offense, in a fun town, close to home, compete for championship on a ranked team. Think he’d have a few ex teammates there too.

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
Coastal Carolina could be a good fit. Go play for a rising program, passing offense, in a fun town, close to home, compete for championship on a ranked team. Think he’d have a few ex teammates there too.
Yeah that is where JaQuon Griffin is going.

Gobees

Jolly Good Fellow
Speaking of Georgetown, do online programs count towards academic eligibility?
Yes, they are legit hours. My son has used some of those classes/hours for the last three semesters while playing baseball.

JoeCakeEater

Dodd-Like
That 2nd catch was phenomenal. He used his body to shield the defender and finished the catch through contact. The first catch was a dime by Sims that should have been caught by any receiver worth a crap.