AF and Navy bomb

AlaGold

Dodd-Like
I hope this isn't a harbinger of the future.AForce put only 14 on RICE! I know having time to prepare for the TO / our offense makes no difference but...

and I sure hope that score differential (35)for Oreg St is not an indication of West Coast /Pac 12 strength.Probably it is just that game.I'm sure we would beat AF if we ever played them in a game .:turbonoes:Like a bowl game.

LOL, it is always good to have a positive attitude... but, you know good and well USC's gonna put points on the board, and they have already told us that they have solved the TO defensively!

LOL, it is always good to have a positive attitude... but, you know good and well USC's gonna put points on the board, and they have already told us that they have solved the TO defensively!

Link? The blueprint has been out for years.

Link? The blueprint has been out for years.

It was a quote in one of the other USC threads. Some kid said they didn't understand why some teams played D against us the way they did. To them, it was very simple.

I fully expect the Yellow Jackets to complete the hat trick of sorrow.

Only weak ass TO offenses...

Correct, b/c to some ST'ers teams that rely heavily on the forward pass are immune to bad games and are impossible to shut down through good schemes, only TO teams get drilled from a scheme standpoint. /sarcasm

Correct, b/c to some ST'ers teams that rely heavily on the forward pass are immune to bad games and are impossible to shut down through good schemes, only TO teams get drilled from a scheme standpoint. /sarcasm

Yeah I get your point. But I watched all of the Air Force game and some of the Navy game and I have to admit....if you don't absolutely love the team you're watching, TO football is BORING as hell.

I'm more worried about the D. If we lose this game because the offense couldn't convert ill be shocked.

Yeah I get your point. But I watched all of the Air Force game and some of the Navy game and I have to admit....if you don't absolutely love the team you're watching, TO football is BORING as hell.

I mean I think the same thing about teams that run the "Pro Style" offense...

Air Force's QB were terrible. They didn't carry the ball into the teeth of the defense at all and let one defender play both men routinely. It was some of the worst option QB play I've ever seen. Navy just ran into a far superior team and couldn't hang with them.

This may sound CPH-esque, but bowls are crapshoots.

So is this the same reason West Virginia lost too? Or does this only apply to high school offenses?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Only teams whose offenses are bad enough to rely primarily on mistakes by the defense due to unfamiliarity with the system.

It's not that extra time for defenses to prepare hurts us disproportionately; it's that only a week for defenses to prepare helps us disproportionately.

All games are boring COMPARED to the games with teams I absolutely love.

Back