AF and Navy bomb

Only teams whose offenses are bad enough to rely primarily on mistakes by the defense due to unfamiliarity with the system.

It's not that extra time for defenses to prepare hurts us disproportionately; it's that only a week for defenses to prepare helps us disproportionately.

Yep and that helps us overcome our lack of talent during the regular season.

In four weeks a college defensive football coach should be able to prepare a gameplan for whatever offense. This turns bowl games into more of straight up talent vs talent affairs, which is why we get our butts beat.

In four weeks a college defensive football coach should be able to prepare a gameplan for whatever offense. This turns bowl games into more of straight up talent vs talent affairs, which is why we get our butts beat.

Hard to disagree with this

I remember a time when 2 service academies playing in a bowl in the same season would have been big news. Granted, there are a lot more bowl games now, but the TO has been a big factor in the academies being competitive. They used to be the equivalent of scheduling an FCS opponent.

"lack of talent"

Maybe we should consider trying to recruit better?

Our mission statement was just better than theirs.

Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.”

Yes, it explains why we lose to AFA, Fresno, Utah, and Little Sisters of the Poor

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

I love the people still in denial. PJ's big goose egg in bowl record is proof enough that teams can shut down his offense with enough time to prepare.

"lack of talent"

Maybe we should consider trying to recruit better?

Not gonna happen. See previous discussions regarding calculus, some mythical devaluation of someone's degree (although I REALLY don't give a crap what someone thinks of my degree personally, since I got it almost 22 years ago and no employers look at the degree anymore...rather they value work experience at this point...but I digress).

As long as you have those restrictions in place, there will always be a ceiling on GT recruiting.

Not gonna happen. See previous discussions regarding calculus, some mythical devaluation of someone's degree (although I REALLY don't give a crap what someone thinks of my degree personally, since I got it almost 22 years ago and no employers look at the degree anymore...rather they value work experience at this point...but I digress).

As long as you have those restrictions in place, there will always be a ceiling on GT recruiting.

Not to beat a dead horse, but what allowed Tech to excel in the 1950's recruiting from the same pool of recruits as surrounding SEC schools? Someone told me we had easier majors and classes for athletes then, like wood shop.

BS! ANYONE with Div 1 talent can shut us down with 2 weeks to prepare for sure.

2008 Universe City of Georgie Schedule

Saturday
11/15/08 at Auburn Auburn, AL Won 17-13
Saturday
11/22/08 --- Open Date --- ---
Saturday
11/29/08 Georgia Tech Athens, GA Lost 45-42

hmmmmm, did that 2008 Georgie team have Div 1 talent?

Not to beat a dead horse, but what allowed Tech to excel in the 1950's recruiting from the same pool of recruits as surrounding SEC schools? Someone told me we had easier majors and classes for athletes then, like wood shop.
Progress towards a degree hurts us more than entrance requirements. I know for a fact, told to me by a prof in the same department, that we had an All American center/linebacker in the late 50's that needed to pass a drawing final to compete in the bowl game. The prof told the player if he drew a perfect cube, he would pass the final and play in the final. This was told in the context that times had changed, and would not be the case in the future. If we can't get some majors that our SA's, who do not have the prowess to progress towards a degree in our current curriculum, we will continue to suck forever. We either need to change or stop pretending to compete at the highest level of college football. GT should stand for excellence in whatever endeavor we choose to participate.

We either need to change or stop pretending to compete at the highest level of college football. GT should stand for excellence in whatever endeavor we choose to participate.

this is where you totally lose me. during my time at Tech, most students didnt "excel" and get all As. they got 30s and 40s and those were Cs and Bs.

its a struggle. its hard work and mental toughness to get a 40 and be told that is a B when most of those kids were getting 90s in high school

thats just like our football team. we have a small school with a strong history and we need guys that are willing to work harder and in order to become better people and players

mostly we will be above average and occasionally we will have enough difference makers to be very good. but never like a USC or an Alabama or even a Georgie.

its not in our DNA to be a modern football powerhouse, but to say that means we have to quit goes against everything Tech stands for

Recruiters love Tech because graduates have taken too much work and done decent with it without losing their minds. Employable.

We have to outwork other teams. This year we just plain didnt do that, but that doesnt mean we cant

give up on Tech if you want but to say we should quit playing football seems stupid to me on a number of levels

this is where you totally lose me. during my time at Tech, most students didnt "excel" and get all As. they got 30s and 40s and those were Cs and Bs.

its a struggle. its hard work and mental toughness to get a 40 and be told that is a B when most of those kids were getting 90s in high school

thats just like our football team. we have a small school with a strong history and we need guys that are willing to work harder and in order to become better people and players

mostly we will be above average and occasionally we will have enough difference makers to be very good. but never like a USC or an Alabama or even a Georgie.

its not in our DNA to be a modern football powerhouse, but to say that means we have to quit goes against everything Tech stands for

Recruiters love Tech because graduates have taken too much work and done decent with it without losing their minds. Employable.

We have to outwork other teams. This year we just plain didnt do that, but that doesnt mean we cant

give up on Tech if you want but to say we should quit playing football seems stupid to me on a number of levels

Saying "we just have to work harder" means you can't problem solve or you are an elitist snob. Which is it? Mission statements don't have to be altered to have a football program that brings in revenue for the school. Every school has a mission statement and not a single one mentions athletics.

Back