AF and Navy bomb

Saying "we just have to work harder" means you can't problem solve or you are an elitist snob. Which is it? Mission statements don't have to be altered to have a football program that brings in revenue for the school. Every school has a mission statement and not a single one mentions athletics.

Sometimes being smart means recognizing that a problem is not worth the cost of solving it, or that an apparent problem isn't actually a problem when you take a step back and look at all the factors.

It also means recognizing that you can't be the best at everything, but that isn't necessarily a good reason not to do something. I have plenty of fun and enjoyment following Tech football even though I recognize we're not on a level playing field and will never consistently (or maybe ever again) be the best. I'd wager it's the same for you too or you wouldn't be here. I don't see why we need to "stop pretending" and throw that enjoyment away.

Sometimes being smart means recognizing that a problem is not worth the cost of solving it, or that an apparent problem isn't actually a problem when you take a step back and look at all the factors.

It also means recognizing that you can't be the best at everything, but that isn't necessarily a good reason not to do something. I have plenty of fun and enjoyment following Tech football even though I recognize we're not on a level playing field and will never consistently (or maybe ever again) be the best. I'd wager it's the same for you too or you wouldn't be here. I don't see why we need to "stop pretending" and throw that enjoyment away.

I can respect that response.

Two weeks are not enough time to prepare for it, but four or more are.

Two weeks aren't enough if you are also working on preparing for your other opponents after Tech. But four weeks are more than enough if that's the only opponent you are preparing for.

this is where you totally lose me. during my time at Tech, most students didnt "excel" and get all As. they got 30s and 40s and those were Cs and Bs.

its a struggle. its hard work and mental toughness to get a 40 and be told that is a B when most of those kids were getting 90s in high school

thats just like our football team. we have a small school with a strong history and we need guys that are willing to work harder and in order to become better people and players

mostly we will be above average and occasionally we will have enough difference makers to be very good. but never like a USC or an Alabama or even a Georgie.

its not in our DNA to be a modern football powerhouse, but to say that means we have to quit goes against everything Tech stands for

Recruiters love Tech because graduates have taken too much work and done decent with it without losing their minds. Employable.

We have to outwork other teams. This year we just plain didnt do that, but that doesnt mean we cant

give up on Tech if you want but to say we should quit playing football seems stupid to me on a number of levels

That would take a heck of a sales job. Even though the logic is flawed, if I put myself in the place of a 5-star athlete, I think I will play in the NFL if I perform on Saturdays. I can go to Tech and major in Management (or Business Administration) and have to go to class and study or I can go to UGA and major in Recreation and Leisure Studies. To me, the outcome will be the same in 3 or 4 years, so why do the extra work? Where I am in ten plus years will be figured out then.

Two weeks aren't enough if you are also working on preparing for your other opponents after Tech. But four weeks are more than enough if that's the only opponent you are preparing for.

The only time I can think when that would not be the case is the first game of the season.

Not gonna happen. See previous discussions regarding calculus, some mythical devaluation of someone's degree (although I REALLY don't give a crap what someone thinks of my degree personally, since I got it almost 22 years ago and no employers look at the degree anymore...rather they value work experience at this point...but I digress).

As long as you have those restrictions in place, there will always be a ceiling on GT recruiting.

Question: how close to that ceiling are our current recruiting efforts bringing us?

Question: how close to that ceiling are our current recruiting efforts bringing us?

THAT is a good question.
Are we operating at near max?
I think the talent level is only ok -so next is the coaching better or worse than that? losing to mdTn st has got to answer that.

Back