Affect on ticket sales for next year?

GTBigBear

Flats Noob
How does this hire affect ticket sales next year? I know we have a really crappy home schedule, but between the results on the field of this past season, and now one of the best 1-2 coaching punches in the country, can we sell out BDS next season on any kind of a regular basis? Does this hire really matter for ticket sales, or does the fact that those that understand the importance of this (us) already have tickets?

*Effect on ticket sales.

I don't think it matters for ticket sales. Defense is not as flashy as offense, and a coordinator hire isn't nearly as big of a deal to the common fan than a HC hire. The people who really care about this hire already have season tickets. The normal Georgia Tech fans started tuning things out after the OB. The bandwagon Georgia Tech fans started tuning this out after the U[sic]GA loss.

Yes, this kind of star power is worth extra points every time you hit a note. We can sell out BDS as long as we can keep winning. Also, we'll draw larger crowds in the state of Virginia, IMO.

It won't.

Victories over ugag, in bowl games, and winning acc (in this order) will impact ticket sales.

I'm hoping CAGs hire will affect GT getting those victories.

Groh's hire don't affect me, I by Season Tickets irregardless of whom our DC are.

Correct that Grammar Nazi.

My sincerest apologies to the grammar police these damn bear paws always hitting a mess of keys...

The schedule for next year is dreadful.. beside Miami, nothing really stands out.. Miami and maybe Virginia with Groh.. other than that.. yawn....

ACC Home: NC State, Virginia, Miami, Duke
ACC Away: Clemson, North Carolina, Virginia Tech, Wake Forest
Nonconference Home: South Carolina State, Middle Tennessee State
Nonconference Away: Kansas, Georgia

The schedule for next year is dreadful.. beside Miami, nothing really stands out.. Miami and maybe Virginia with Groh.. other than that.. yawn....

It should be fun to see Groh against UVA. Also, Miami should be a good one. But yea, the away games seem tougher. Much tougher.

Maybe but we get tickets every year anyway, but I can't wait for the 2011, and 2013 home line up!!!

Does anyone know if Groh will be up in the box or on the field?

Exactly. Winning is the best way to increase ticket sales.

It might be the best way that has be quickest impact, but we went 11-3 this year with a great home schedule and we still didn't sell out.

The truth is Tech is not likely to ever sell out BDS every game as long as we have a small student base, small alumni base and small alumni base that stays in GA with Atlanta the center of the SEC and being a majority relo city.

We have a lot more to over come to put people in the stands than just winning.

I'm super excited for the NC State game. When's the last time we played them in football?

Season Ticket Sales

My personal opinion of season ticket sales is that those who consistently buy season tickets will still purchase them unless the economy prohibits some from renewal.

While it is true that the loss to UGA and the bowl loss placed a damper on expectations, this will be offset somewhat by the infused hope of a better season with a new defensive coordinator.

Most Tech fans are convinced Johnson can win with his offense, but also knew we stood a chance of losing any particular game with our old defensive scheme (or lack of any defensive scheme). With hope of a matching defense, many Tech fans will either buy season Tickets upon this renewed hope or individual tickets if they cannot afford season tickets.

Father Time

Ticket sales in 2010 will be worse than 2009. Terrible home schedule. Count on it.

As a broke ass graduate student trying to find a way to pay for a wedding I cannot personally afford any season tickets. My soon to be wife and I will be more then happy to take any of those "dreadful" games off your hands and yell our asses off the the best place to watch a college football game in the nation.

Back