After a Re-watch...

recktification

Varsity Lurker
I think CPJ's statement of "it's never as good as it seems when it's good and it's never as bad as it seems when it's bad" seems on point.

Football is a game of inches. We were obviously uninspired...and had 3 possessions in the 4th quarter to win the game. We just didn't do it. But the offense still "works" when it is executed properly. Take away two blocks in the back ( one really ) and we're 7-0.

Bad game...forget it and move on.

I've ignored the play call bitching, like I most often do except in cases of blatant coaching idiocy. I don't remember off the top of my head seeing any plays yesterday that I was more willing to put blame on the call itself for rather than the player reads or execution.

I've ignored the play call bitching, like I most often do except in cases of blatant coaching idiocy. I don't remember off the top of my head seeing any plays yesterday that I was more willing to put blame on the call itself for rather than the player reads or execution.

Only one I can think of was the quick pass on third down instead of letting the quarter run out.

Only one I can think of was the quick pass on third down instead of letting the quarter run out.

I would have personally let the quarter expire, but execute properly and I don't think it matters.

That one stuck out to me too, but I read later that there was a check off call and that the receiver did not hear it, I am not positive it was on this play but I believe that it was.

UVA runs a simple sweep to the right and our cornerbacks repeatedly play back peddle and attack when they have a chance INSTEAD of crash the edge and disrupt. Uh, we are not a very good team.

I think that as a team we tend to look past UVA. Every time we lose to them it's when we play them before big games and every time we're supposed to kill them. Then they show up for the game and we don't.

I also think the missed check off play was that 3rd down pass to end the third.

I think that as a team we tend to look past UVA. Every time we lose to them it's when we play them before big games and every time we're supposed to kill them. Then they show up for the game and we don't.

I don't profess to know dick about anything, but I think the "looking past the opponent" thing is far too overplayed. Because it is used every week by half the teams in action.

UVA is capable of recruiting any player and they are always bigger and faster than us. We recruit more experienced football players from the southeast, but they just beat the crap out of us in the trenches.

It's the same old story. Get to the second half of the season and start playing physical teams that we don't belong on the same field with.

UVA is capable of recruiting any player and they are always bigger and faster than us. We recruit more experienced football players from the southeast, but they just beat the crap out of us in the trenches.

It's the same old story. Get to the second half of the season and start playing physical teams that we don't belong on the same field with.

IDK. I also think the "looking ahead" thing is a little played out as well. But UVA isn't that much bigger, or better, than we are.
We just couldn't stop that crazy running back of theirs and for some reason we never adjusted to them putting three TE's on side of the field.
We just let ourselves get out-played.

GT fans need to understand that these games are lost in February. Yesterday's game was not lost yesterday because of emotion or play calls or any other similar factor. As Al Groh said, he does not have Suh on the DL.

As Mark Bradley says, Johnson insists on playing with middling talent. Part of his stubborness.

Brian Gregory hired two of his three assistants to do nothing but recruiting. He is our basketball coach, for those of you who don't know. Gregory understands that you can't win without talent. The inexperienced Johnson does not understand this simple fact, or is too stubborn to admit it.

If PJ learns the necessity of recruiting at a high level, then GT will go to the next level. If he does not learn that necessity, then the GTAA has wasted $16,000,000 in coaching salaries over the past 4 years, and not only Johnson, but also Radakovich, need to get pink slips.

GT fans need to understand that these games are lost in February. Yesterday's game was not lost yesterday because of emotion or play calls or any other similar factor. As Al Groh said, he does not have Suh on the DL.

As Mark Bradley says, Johnson insists on playing with middling talent. Part of his stubborness.

Brian Gregory hired two of his three assistants to do nothing but recruiting. He is our basketball coach, for those of you who don't know. Gregory understands that you can't win without talent. The inexperienced Johnson does not understand this simple fact, or is too stubborn to admit it.

If PJ learns the necessity of recruiting at a high level, then GT will go to the next level. If he does not learn that necessity, then the GTAA has wasted $16,000,000 in coaching salaries over the past 4 years, and not only Johnson, but also Radakovich, need to get pink slips.

You are the dumbest öööööööööööö on the ööööing planet. Shut your ööööing mouth and die in a goddamn ööööing fire, you pathetic urethra-tonguing spermmonger.

If I get banned for this, it was worth every goddamn word.

You are the dumbest öööööööööööö on the ööööing planet. Shut your ööööing mouth and die in a goddamn ööööing fire, you pathetic urethra-tonguing spermmonger.

I want to sig this.

That one stuck out to me too, but I read later that there was a check off call and that the receiver did not hear it, I am not positive it was on this play but I believe that it was.

er, the WR was a TRUE Fr ,why was he designated to get such an important play?

If I get banned for this, it was worth every goddamn word.

Look at your post, and then look at mine. Then tell me, who is the person you describe? I recite facts. You spew drivel and insults.

I will say that you describe yourself remarkably well.

By the way, I have debated football strategy with Curry's staff (Rip Scherer) and Ross' staff (Danny Smith) and invited to watch film with both.

Want to give me your football resume?

You hurled similar insults at me a few weeks ago when I mentioned that Syracuse was considered for ACC memberhip when VT and Miami came in. You showed your ingorance then and it was confirmed in spades a couple of weeks later when Syracuse came into to the ACC.

Yes, you are truly the dumbest poster on Stingtalk. Commit suicide now and do us all a favor.

Look at your post, and then look at mine. Then tell me, who is the person you describe? I recite facts. You spew drivel and insults.

I will say that you describe yourself remarkably well.

By the way, I have debated football strategy with Curry's staff (Rip Scherer) and Ross' staff (Danny Smith) and invited to watch film with both.

Want to give me your football resume?

You hurled similar insults at me a few weeks ago when I mentioned that Syracuse was considered for ACC memberhip when VT and Miami came in. You showed your ingorance then and it was confirmed in spades a couple of weeks later when Syracuse came into to the ACC.

Yes, you are truly the dumbest poster on Stingtalk. Commit suicide now and do us all a favor.

I get a case of the lulz every time you bring up the Curry thing.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/rapgenius/4db77_ORIG-look_at_all_the_öööös_i_give.jpg

You are aware that I insult you for your vehement opposition to hiring coach Johnson and your persistent claims that he would have no success whatsoever here, correct? If I insult you and you continue your constant projectile vomiting of uninspired horse öööö without adding a bit of intelligent thought?

That's just the cherry on top of my "jacketup is retarded six ways from" sundae.

If I insult you and you continue your constant projectile vomiting of uninspired horse öööö without adding a bit of intelligent thought?

Again, you describe yourself remarkably well.

I will explain my reaction to the Johnson hiring, which I admit was over the top.

Johnson was not Radakovich's choice. At the time, I had a lot of respect for Dan. Clough said that he would back Dan, then reneged because Clough is such a wimp. My view is that you hire a guy, he makes a recommendation, then you stand behind it. I was more pissed at the Clough mismanagement than the Johnson hire.

I also admit that I violated one of my cardinal principles, which is that I believed the media when they essentially said that Johnson ran the wishbone. I usually NEVER take the media at face value.

However, a huge problem with Gailey was that he had no BCS level coaching experience-even as an assistant. We then turn around and hire Johnson, who had no playing or coaching experience at the BCS level.

And yes, it makes a difference.

Paul Johnson is the best offensive coordinator in the business. But Ralph Friedgen is also one of the best, and where is he the head coach? Right now, Johnson is on the Friedgen track. With some one else's talent, go to the Orange Bowl. With his own, 6-7, and this could easily be a 7-5 year.

Ross won a MNC in his fourth year. O'Leary won an ACC-cochampionship in his. The co champion was a 1998 FSU team that would beat the crap out of any VT team that has won the ACC.

When O'Leary was named coach, he was underpaid. He told the Board that he wanted a top 25 salary and he would produce a top 25 team. He delivered.

Johnson is a top 15 paid coach. I expect a top 15 team. Despite last weeks ranking, this team is not close to being a top 15 team.

You want facts? There they are.

Johnson is a top 15 paid coach. I expect a top 15 team. Despite last weeks ranking, this team is not close to being a top 15 team.

So you have a ranking system in your head and we have to maintain a top 15 ranking in your imaginary poll due to Paul Johnson's salary, otherwise his hire was as terrible as you knew it was before he beat Georgia the first year and won the ACC the next.

ngbbs45e1e01da000d.jpg

IDK. I also think the "looking ahead" thing is a little played out as well. But UVA isn't that much bigger, or better, than we are.
We just couldn't stop that crazy running back of theirs and for some reason we never adjusted to them putting three TE's on side of the field.
We just let ourselves get out-played.

Their lines were a lot bigger than us. Nine guys over 300 lbs.

Back