After the game thoughts...

Sims is by far the best blocker we've had at B-back and we'll see more of these plays where he is the lead blocker.

Not sure it's that clear cut. Sims whiffed on his block on the shovel pass play and on Roddy's run he barely touched his man.

Not sure it's that clear cut. Sims whiffed on his block on the shovel pass play and on Roddy's run he barely touched his man.
I was going to mention the shovel pass. But generally speaking Sims blocked well.

Oh, I forgot. It was good to see CPJ giving Perkins the ball deep in the red zone in the 2nd half. Made me thing that Perkins has been impressing the coaches during the week.

Also, I am going to look for a bone-crushing block one of our OL put on a UNC DL during a particular play in the 1st half - I'll see if I can find it on a replay and post a link to it.

Our OL is looking good. Hope we can stay injury free.

How many times do you remember Dwyer or Allen crushing someone one a block? Against a good defense at that.

Oh, I forgot. It was good to see CPJ giving Perkins the ball deep in the red zone in the 2nd half. Made me thing that Perkins has been impressing the coaches during the week.

Well he was number 2 due to an injury this week, and he got in there because Sims was gassed after a big run.

This play made me extremely nervous. I wasn't really a fan of that call. The timing of that play also looked off probably due to lack of chemistry and Perkins not playing much with the first teamers. That kind of stuff doesn't seem like a big deal but can really affect a game.

Also, I am going to look for a bone-crushing block one of our OL put on a UNC DL during a particular play in the 1st half - I'll see if I can find it on a replay and post a link to it.

Our OL is looking good. Hope we can stay injury free.

Your thinking of Melton de-cleating #52 their ILB on a crack back block. IT WAS AWESOME!

On the Stephen Hill drop, he said in the post game interview that the leg problem came on just before the ball got there and distracted him. I don't think we played another down after that.

Even if you want to give him a hard time about teh drop, I don't think anyone will deny he is a huge part of our offense and we need him healthy. Aren't those hamstring injuries sometimes hard to get healed? Seems like we've had guys miss months with them. Every time they thought it was coming around they would play and bam! it's come back on 'em. If there is any chance of it not being ready, I'd say let's let keep him on the sidelines next week.

He was in after he got hurt, but it looked like the hamstring was bothering him. As good as he has been this year I'm not worried at all about that one drop. I hope the leg heals quickly. It looks like next week would be a good one for him to miss if he needs to heal though.

2) Tevin got nailed in what looks like a helmet-to-helmet hit, missed call?

Launching yourself head first into the quarterback? Nah, definitely not a penalty!

Also, by the definition of the new rules Bernard's 55 yd touchdown should've been called back when he pointed to the sky at the 5 yard line. Can't draw attention to yourself before the score.

Tyler Melton actually hurt number 52. I remember him tapping his helmet and staggering to the sideline. He was out the game for a couple of series. His head was on a swivel after that one. Our receivers are inflicting some pain down field.

Go Jackets!

He was in after he got hurt, but it looked like the hamstring was bothering him.

It looked to me that when he came back in after the drop, he had his leg wrapped down around the bottom of his pants - around the knee, or just above it. My experience with hammy injuries has been higher up toward the butt than where he was wrapped.

JRjr

Back