After we beat Pitt...

I'm not going to take the time to repost the stats or get in an internet dick measuring contest but if we do have a good year this year and you still want to fire the coach then I won't lose much sleep being called an idiot by you.

I'm not going to take the time to repost the stats or get in an internet dick measuring contest but if we do have a good year this year and you still want to fire the coach then I won't lose much sleep being called an idiot by you.
And if we don’t have a good year? This. Is. The. Point...

And if we don’t have a good year? This. Is. The. Point...

If we don't have a good year then fire him. But saying wins this year doesn't matter is just ignorant and makes your points invalid. Compare his stats to the past several coaches. If he has a good year this year, there is no reason to call for his head other than blind hate for him or his system.

Since this is his 10th season.. yea it does, idiot.

There's actually some wisdom in this apparently vacant post.

Very few coaches make it 10 seasons with the same program in CFB, because of the nature of CFB fandom. Sooner or later people get pissed off at the outcome, and then want to fire their coach, and once that happens, they never change their minds. It's like every loss moves you closer to the cliff, and you never walk backward, so eventually every coach gets fired except for a couple of lifers. (Beamer/etc) It has to do with fan psychology. Wes Durham actually talked about this once, although I can't find the link to it now.

Anyone who does that is an absolute idiot. Y’all should take a trip into the time machine and remember what the Gailey years were like.
Well they did suck in mediocrity. But in fairness to the man, we had a hell of a lot more NFL talent on the team during his tenure than we have during Johnson's. There was absolutely something incredible about coming to watch a game while Calvin was here because you knew you were watching something special.

Winning a couple of games this season won’t change the problems at hand. This is the continuous cycle you seem to be missing!!!!
The one thing it will change is you will take your 98 posts and go away. That’s enough for me right now.

The one thing it will change is you will take your 98 posts and go away. That’s enough for me right now.
Well you’re a Bama guy so your opinion is pretty much invalid when it comes to GT.
Also, here we go again with the “posts means credibility”

There's actually some wisdom in this apparently vacant post.

Very few coaches make it 10 seasons with the same program in CFB, because of the nature of CFB fandom. Sooner or later people get pissed off at the outcome, and then want to fire their coach, and once that happens, they never change their minds. It's like every loss moves you closer to the cliff, and you never walk backward, so eventually every coach gets fired except for a couple of lifers. (Beamer/etc) It has to do with fan psychology. Wes Durham actually talked about this once, although I can't find the link to it now.
Thank you!!

Winning a couple of games this season won’t change the problems at hand. This is the continuous cycle you seem to be missing!!!!

Continuous cycle? You mean going to the ACCCG and Orange Bowl?

Well they did suck in mediocrity. But in fairness to the man, we had a hell of a lot more NFL talent on the team during his tenure than we have during Johnson's. There was absolutely something incredible about coming to watch a game while Calvin was here because you knew you were watching something special.
Chan also had looser restrictions from the Hill. And there was something magical about watching the immense amount of NFL talent wasted by Patrick Nix. And then watching Ghan go 0 for ever against the mutts. With that talent.

I don’t understand the knock on Paul’s QB recruiting. I mean, obviously he couldn’t bring in the talent that Gailey brought into the position...

But Justin Thomas has been gone one whole season.

giphy.gif
Mark Mangino?

Back