Again, why aren't we paying recruits families?

Because we are ethical. We should be above cheating. Georgia Tech is about doing things the right way.

I agree that being honest is the right way. The problem is I believe boosters from some schools ARE giving cash away. If this is true then we lose before even play because we aren't 'playing' by the same rules as our competition. I have a friend who is a retired coach and knows the inside stuff. He has talked just a little bit. It is sad. I am just waiting for some Honest and Brave coach to spill the beans and blow a few Major Football Programs away.
A Million Dollar book deal might just intice one of these Boosters or Coaches or former NCAA employee to sell out to Journalism and the right thing to do.

I have an idea: someone that is not currently a GT booster needs to donate money to U(sic)GA. Not much, but enough to be considered a U(sic)GA booster. Then, the newly minted U(sic)GA booster needs to start buying stuff for players and sending them cash. Then U(sic)GA is sanctioned because their booster bought stuff for players.

Genius.

I have an idea: someone that is not currently a GT booster needs to donate money to U(sic)GA. Not much, but enough to be considered a U(sic)GA booster. Then, the newly minted U(sic)GA booster needs to start buying stuff for players and sending them cash. Then U(sic)GA is sanctioned because their booster bought stuff for players.

Genius.

I had the same idea! My hate is great enough to do it, but my bank account is not.

I once asked an Assc AD at a very well known and respected school (will not say which one), "if you know they are cheating, why don't you turn them in?"

The reply was, exactly, "then they might turn us in on something."

I don't know who is or isn't.

What does appear to be true is adults getting hyper over 18 year olds who have not played a down, much less even signed the papers.

Because we are ethical. We should be above cheating. Georgia Tech is about doing things the right way.

THIS^!!! It's sad that you're the only one who's said this. If GT ever stops being about doing things the right way, I stop being a fan, period.

Why would anybody with a backbone cheat? If you win, what pride can you take in it?

THIS^!!! It's sad that you're the only one who's said this. If GT ever stops being about doing things the right way, I stop being a fan, period.

Why would anybody with a backbone cheat? If you win, what pride can you take in it?

I hear Duke and Vandy do things the "right" way too. YAY!!! Moral Victories!!!

I know. Why try to win big when I haven't added the "Military Bowl" and "Tire Bowl" to my collection of "bull**** average waste of time bowl game" T-shirts yet?

My collection of bull**** average waste of time bowl game T-shirts:

Seattle Bowl
Silicon Valley Bowl
Humanitarian Bowl (x2)
Emerald Nut Bowl
Champs Sports Bowl (was a worse game when we originally played in it than it is now)
Independence Bowl

My collection of worthwhile bowl game T-shirts:
Chick-Fil-A Bowl
Orange Bowl

Back