Air Force favored over Georgia Tech

That's fair. We haven't proven all that much this season. We need this game to jump start next year.

Agreed. Winning a bowl game is a distant memory for us Tech fans.

Remember, just 8 years ago, Georgia Tech held the all-time highest bowl winning percentage in the country. I believe Penn State holds that honor now? We may not even be Top Ten anymore.

Anyone have that stat?

You also know that academies get all fired up for crappy bowl games. These seniors are going to war while ours will get cushy jobs from GT grads

You also know that academies get all fired up for crappy bowl games. These seniors are going to war while ours will get cushy jobs from GT grads

I believe they'll be more fired up, too. But "it is what it is". :laugher:

1 win by more than one score and 1 game as the favorite.

2002: 22.5pt underdogs, lost 48-7
2003: 13.5pt underdogs, win 28-25
2004: 1.5pt underdogs, win 24-21
2005: 2pt underdogs, win 27-24
2006: 2.5pt underdogs, win 24-17
2007: 2.5pt favorites, win 31-20
Where do you get the point spread information? curious which website or if it's from personal database

I don't have any ncaa database, so that's from covers.com (which is kinda meh in overall accuracy, but a half point here or there isn't making a huge difference here)

One thing is for sure: Paul Johnson is going to take this game very seriously. It'll be interesting to see what he comes up with in a couple weeks.

The wildcard though is game-changing player mistakes. Hopefully UGA gave our guys a lesson in ball-stripping they won't forget. Our guys will have to be focused. Our defense has a great challenge and opportunity to prove once and for all they're better than last year.

One thing is for sure: Paul Johnson is going to take this game very seriously. It'll be interesting to see what he comes up with in a couple weeks.

The wildcard though is game-changing player mistakes. Hopefully UGA gave our guys a lesson in ball-stripping they won't forget. Our guys will have to be focused. Our defense has a great challenge and opportunity to prove once and for all they're better than last year.

I know this has been mentioned before, but Paul Johnson takes every game seriously, or he wouldn't be a head coach. He isnt going to prepare any harder for a bowl in Shreveport against air force than he did against va tech, Miami, uga, etc, or than he did against lsu or Iowa the past two seasons. Essentially what I'm trying to say is CPJ's seriousness level is not going to be the determing factor for this game.

Hopefully the team will want to prove it's better than a service academy running a similar offense.

I know this has been mentioned before, but Paul Johnson takes every game seriously, or he wouldn't be a head coach. He isnt going to prepare any harder for a bowl in Shreveport against air force than he did against va tech, Miami, uga, etc, or than he did against lsu or Iowa the past two seasons. Essentially what I'm trying to say is CPJ's seriousness level is not going to be the determing factor for this game.

But, CPJ is constantly learning how to coach and motivate these specific players. He may have found that one technique works more than others, so he will go a certain way for this game to get the guys better prepared and more into the game.

As they should be, they've made fewer mistakes than our team this year which would indicate to most that they're better and apparently it will be somewhat of a home crowd for them.

The AFA has won more games than us. They should be favored.

If our guys come to play, the can end the bowl drought. If they think they can toss their helmets out on the field and win, they will be the first GT team with a losing record these players we in preschool.

I hope we give them a heavy, heavy dose of AA up and down the field all game. :fingersx:

simple-if we play like we did normally all season we will lose vs this AF decent team

AF-24 Oklahoma- 27 Any guesses what a game with OU would look like for us!? :>(

simple-if we play like we did normally all season we will lose vs this AF decent team

2779914580_a0a8e9bf0b.jpg

Back