Air Force favored over Georgia Tech

the argument I hear (ok I make) is that the option won't work against a top 15/20 defense

the argument I hear (ok I make) is that the option won't work against a top 15/20 defense

That argument is false. The option with a top 15/20 offense would work against a top 15/20 defense. The option with a 25+ offense likely wont.Just like any other offensive style.

Its the players, not the offensive scheme that really matters, so long as you commit to the scheme.

Any offense that fumbles two to three times a game won't work against many defenses.

That argument is false. The option with a top 15/20 offense would work against a top 15/20 defense. The option with a 25+ offense likely wont.Just like any other offensive style.

Its the players, not the offensive scheme that really matters, so long as you commit to the scheme.

I feel like "another" offense has a punchers chance. the option is schematically dead against that athletic a defense, unless you got lawrence philips and tommie frazier. but i'm not going to say another thing about this because people will just cry and ask me to get banned again. so i'm done. thats just my opinion on it.

I feel like "another" offense has a punchers chance. the option is schematically dead against that athletic a defense, unless you got lawrence philips and tommie frazier. but i'm not going to say another thing about this because people will just cry and ask me to get banned again. so i'm done. thats just my opinion on it.

Please ban. :biggthumpup:

Isn't the reason a defense is top 15/20 because no offense has worked against them???

....:idea:

Shouldn't per ST wisdom (sic), the score be 0-0 or dang near such since both defenses have 3+ weeks to prepare!?

Is their kicker better than Blair?

i guess you didn't record the last 2 bowl games

I was at both of them. I didn't see scheme issues. I saw O-lineman getting abused, QB's keeping when the DE stayed at home, QB's throwing into coverage when a WR was standing by himself 25 yards down the sideline, BBacks running backwards 15 yards, #1 draft picks not making a catch in the endzone, Lineman jumping offsides, and Adrian Clayborne/Tyson Jackson doing what they did to every other team.

Agreed. Winning a bowl game is a distant memory for us Tech fans.

Remember, just 8 years ago, Georgia Tech held the all-time highest bowl winning percentage in the country. I believe Penn State holds that honor now? We may not even be Top Ten anymore.

Anyone have that stat?

22-16 .579 is our current record.

Doesn't the Air Force have height/weight restrictions? If this is the case I expect our more physical players to smoke their chair force asses by the 2nd half.

Yes. They do have height and weight restrictions. They are allowed to bend the rules during football season, but those pounds have to be shed after their final football season before they graduate.

I went to see the Tennessee-Air Force game about 3 or 4 years ago in Knoxville. Our team was athletically superior at every position. Know what happened? We barely won in overtime on an extra point, goal-line stand.

As I recall, they had just tied us on their drive and elected to go for the win by trying for two. We barely stopped them.

They shredded our (UT's) defense on the ground. It wouldn't surprise me if they had over 400 yards rushing that day.

These guys absolutely don't care about size, weight, or whatever. They are confident, disciplined, and selfless, and intelligent...the perfect qualities for a flex/spread-option offense.

Doesn't the Air Force have height/weight restrictions? If this is the case I expect our more physical players to smoke their chair force asses by the 2nd half.

Yes. They do have height and weight restrictions. They are allowed to bend the rules during football season, but those pounds have to be shed after their final football season before they graduate.

I went to see the Tennessee-Air Force game about 3 or 4 years ago in Knoxville. Our team was athletically superior at every position. Know what happened? We barely won in overtime on an extra point, goal-line stand.

As I recall, they had just tied us on their drive and elected to go for the win by trying for two. We barely stopped them.

They shredded our (UT's) defense on the ground. It wouldn't surprise me if they had over 400 yards rushing that day.

These guys absolutely don't care about size, weight, or whatever. They are confident, disciplined, and selfless, and intelligent...the perfect qualities for a flex/spread-option offense.

Of course, I still expect GT to win. :D

This game is very much like Emerald Bowl '05 and Boise Bowl '07:

-Players are not going to be jazzed about 15 extra practices for a Mid-major opponent.
-Fans are not excited about going west of the Mississippi.
-Coming off a disappointing loss to ugay.

The difference:

Paul Johnson
This years players have never won a bowl game

Fixed.
Or at least I hope that counts for something.

Back