Air Force favored over Georgia Tech

I feel like "another" offense has a punchers chance. the option is schematically dead against that athletic a defense, unless you got lawrence philips and tommie frazier. but i'm not going to say another thing about this because people will just cry and ask me to get banned again. so i'm done. thats just my opinion on it.

Well then you're ignorant.

These guys absolutely don't care about size, weight, or whatever. They are confident, disciplined, and selfless, and intelligent...the perfect qualities for a flex/spread-option offense.

This quality is crucial for our style of play, and perhaps a little more for ours than for others.

Our players are bigger, stronger and faster and have seen the option for the past 3 years. I think we win and win big.

LSU, Iowa, AFA

Which two are not like the other one?

:raises hand:

I am good at these.

LSU, Iowa, AFA - LSU doesn't belong

Louisiana State University, University of Iowa, Air Force Academy - AFA doesn't belong

Baton Rouge, Iowa City, Colorado Springs - Baton Rouge doesn't belong

Les Miles, Kirk Ferentz (sane), Troy Calhoun (sane) - Les Miles doesn't belong

Conclusion - LSU clearly doesn't belong.

I'm curious how Groh is going to prevent the dive killings us all game long. There just didn't seem to be the inside support when we played uga. Maybe bring the mlb closer to the line of scrimage. Or hope Barnes can just blow up the center.

I'm curious how Groh is going to prevent the dive killings us all game long. There just didn't seem to be the inside support when we played uga. Maybe bring the mlb closer to the line of scrimage. Or hope Barnes can just blow up the center.

Huh? We ate up the dive against UGA. Ealey got one good run all game, but other than that we stopped the dive in its tracks.

It cost us in the passing game, but you have to pick your poison these days unless you are Alabama.

Huh? We ate up the dive against UGA. Ealey got one good run all game, but other than that we stopped the dive in its tracks.

I was refering to uga's in ability to stop our dive. Either they left to big of a gap at the LOS or when they pinched inside, AA ran off tackle. Last year we did the same thing to Groh's 3-4. Uva gave up the dive all game. We just took them appart 4 yards at a time. Groh will have to find a solution or this will be one short game.

Our players are bigger, stronger and faster and have seen the option for the past 3 years. I think we win and win big.

Our players are not "bigger, stronger, and faster" than every team that they beat. And they have "seen the option" twice a year, every year for every player on that team.

Sorry, but experience defending the option is NOT an advantage for us. It is quite the opposite. They have "seen" it on their own team just like us and have actually played against it on a frequent basis, which our defense has not.

The line is about right. They are slight favorites.

I was refering to uga's in ability to stop our dive. Either they left to big of a gap at the LOS or when they pinched inside, AA ran off tackle. Last year we did the same thing to Groh's 3-4. Uva gave up the dive all game. We just took them appart 4 yards at a time. Groh will have to find a solution or this will be one short game.

Ahh, it makes sense now. Thats a good question. I think we can stop the dive, the question is, does it hurt us on the pitch?

I was always of the opinion that it is best to take the QB on the option if you are a DC, then you know who to tackle and you don't have to worry about problems with missed assignments on the pitch, assuming it is the base 3-0.

This narrows it down to Midline Dive, Triple Dive, Toss Sweep, and speed option as far as the base running plays.

Kinda narrows down the possibilities more than picking the B-back.

But I'm sure Paul Johnson would find a way to rape me.

Ahh, it makes sense now. Thats a good question. I think we can stop the dive, the question is, does it hurt us on the pitch?

I was always of the opinion that it is best to take the QB on the option if you are a DC, then you know who to tackle and you don't have to worry about problems with missed assignments on the pitch, assuming it is the base 3-0.

This narrows it down to Midline Dive, Triple Dive, Toss Sweep, and speed option as far as the base running plays.

Kinda narrows down the possibilities more than picking the B-back.

But I'm sure Paul Johnson would find a way to rape me.

What seemed to be most effective agianst us this year was the 5 man line with the nose tackle over the center and the blitzing LB just off the centers shoulder. The LB tried to shoot the gaps and disrupt the mesh while tackling the QB. The LB did not attempt to take the BB. That is what NCSt did. Also, the LB seemed to use the AB motion to time the snap (a la UMD- Navy, only without jumping).

If AFA uses the rocket toss, I hope we fire our FS straight up the field like Miami. We'll either get a tackle for loss or AFA will show us how to counter so we can stop Miami from doing it.

If AFA uses the rocket toss, I hope we fire our FS straight up the field like Miami. We'll either get a tackle for loss or AFA will show us how to counter so we can stop Miami from doing it.

There's yer problem.

Although I like the general idea of our defense disrupting AF QB's footwork.

Agreed. Winning a bowl game is a distant memory for us Tech fans.

Remember, just 8 years ago, Georgia Tech held the all-time highest bowl winning percentage in the country. I believe Penn State holds that honor now? We may not even be Top Ten anymore.

Anyone have that stat?
It depends on what the minimum # of bowl games played is. If you put it at 15, Utah leads with an 0.800 winning percentage (Tech is 13th). If you put it at 20, Penn State leads with a 0.667 winning percentage (Tech is 10th).

Its play action off the toss to an A-back on the seam route to where the FS used to be.

I think we've also faked the toss and inside handoff to the other A-back who counters along with a pulling guard.

Its play action off the toss to an A-back on the seam route to where the FS used to be.

I think we've also faked the toss and inside handoff to the other A-back who counters along with a pulling guard.

Ahhh, I like the counter. I don't remember us doing that, but I may have missed it. I was thinking something like having the BB lead block on the outside and seeing if the AB can just beat the trailing LB to the corner.

As far as the pass is concerned, those just scare me (this year).

For me, this game is more upscale version of the Georgia Southern / Navy game. The only difference is, Air Force's triple option is different that GSU/Navy/GT in that the offensive staff are not PJ disciples. This is their take on the TO. I don't buy into the triple option not being effective against top ranked defenses. Georgia Southern does just fine offensively, even against FBS teams. Air Force did very well against Alabama. Alabama's defense is not soft either. It's easy to undermine the TO, or any offensive style really, when the fundamentals are not up to par. Don't mistake lack of discipline for lack of effectiveness, especially with the TO.

Listen, the game will not be close. All I'm saying is that once the rise of the fall occurs, it might get ugly. Also, you might be tempted to say that option football is quite boring, but I will agree to disagree. Option football is a beautiful thing to watch if the correct blocking is applied. Of course, as my father used to say, you can't always get the black chocobos.

Listen, the game will not be close. All I'm saying is that once the rise of the fall occurs, it might get ugly. Also, you might be tempted to say that option football is quite boring, but I will agree to disagree. Option football is a beautiful thing to watch if the correct blocking is applied. Of course, as my father used to say, you can't always get the black chocobos.

Nostradamus, is that you?

Wow.

Back