AJ Suggs..

Remember the first half against UVA last year when we ran the no-huddle to near perfection. We got 23 points and should've scored 30 or 35. I remember AJ said something like "O'Brien gave me the reigns and just did my own thing in the huddle." For that one half, we had a QB. Otherwise, AJ was dreadful. I can't remember when we've had worse play from a QB. Not having mobility or a deep touch is one thing (and I could live with that). Throwing the ball at a receiver's feet 10 yards away or over-shooting his man by 5 yards on a short, simple pass is inexcusable. That pass he threw at the end of the 1st half against Fresno will be his lasting image to me. It looked more like a shanked punt than a pass.
mad.gif

Keep in mind Chan & Co. had to mold the playbook to fit AJ, and he still looked that bad. The guy couldn't hit a moving target whether the receiver was 5 yards upfield or 50. When you have to make your WRs run to a spot, stop, then restart again, that negates any advantage you have in the speed department. I agree with Buck, Driver, and the rest. I wish him luck in the long run, but I hope he never sets foot onto the field again.

I think Suggs will be a good back-up to have though.
He's got experience, and he could do well in limited time to give Bilbo a breather, or if Bilbo gets nicked up etc for a series here and there.

I'd far rather have a back-up with game experience than one without game experience. I think the WORSE scenario, is to have to put in the sub for a couple of series in a big game - who has no game experience - usualy a disaster. SO I think he can be useful in that role.

Originally posted by bobby dodds ghost:
Knowing Gailey's conservatism...Suggs will probably start the game at BYU
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">BSG .. you want to make a wager on your above statement?

smile.gif

don't be shy.

Back