AJC article on OOC Scheduling

the first figure is in the article, about $1.5 to $2 million per home game.

according to this article, Clemson and Bama were both to get just under $2 million for the game at the Dome. pretty even, even with the alcohol sales at the Dome.
I guess it's about even then. Bama and Clem travel better then most teams. Sadly, I think we'd have trouble filling our half of the Georgia Dome with white and gold.

I vote for staying home. Bobby Dodd looks a whole lot nicer at night then that ugly ass dome.

I guess it's about even then. Bama and Clem travel better then most teams. Sadly, I think we'd have trouble filling our half of the Georgia Dome with white and gold.

I vote for staying home. Bobby Dodd looks a whole lot nicer at night then that ugly ass dome.

i agree

the areas where the Clemsons and the Bamas can make money are the areas where Tech cannot. Bama can negotiate group rates at a hotel, then sell the room at a markup on a 'travel package' to their fans. Tech could not do this.

The payout is calculated by projecting the revenues of attendance. While we might drink more, we would show up in much lower numbers, so lower payout also.

then, which major school wants to play a team like us that gets them no additional SOS or attention with a win, but some major problems if we beat them - and they know that we are dangerous

so, Tech needs to stay home and do Thursday games, that is better for us IMO

With the right matchup, the game would be a sellout and we would sell most if not all of our allotment (see Peach Bowl vs. LSU).

The problem is we wouldn't fill up any hotel rooms or spend any entertainment dollars (restaurants, etc) that we wouldn't already be spending.

Back