AJC covers the white out like only they can

White jersey, white long sleeve undershirt, light khakis and white shoes. I'm going to single-handedly make this work!!!!

White jersey, white long sleeve undershirt, light khakis and white shoes. I'm going to single-handedly make this work!!!!
Atta boy. I was tempted to buy some of the women's white sweatpants to go that extra mile. :D

This morning The Bert Show on Q100 mentioned the game tonight and their guy Jeff quoted the AJC article on the air. I fired an email to him to tell him that the article was very misleading and poorly written, but I doubt there'll be any response.

Anyone know how to get in touch with ESPN, so maybe we can get a little more negativity going for this thing?

'Tis better to fail to white-out but then win-out than to black-out and get blown-out!

I agree with what someone said earlier -- something to the effect of, "Just do it." Not sure why our fan base has to overanalyze everything. This is not a calculus test. If the students and team say wear white, then damnit, I'm wearing white.

My question is, where did they get this number from?

"Some fans estimate that as few as 50 percent of the 49,000 will comply, which would color the whiteout a failure."

My question is, where did they get this number from?

"Some fans estimate that as few as 50 percent of the 49,000 will comply, which would color the whiteout a failure."
Their asses. They cite one man in the entire article that says he won't wear it and the rest is bull**** and fluff. You know that if they actually asked any fans what they thought, some of them thought it would turn out pretty well - but they wouldn't dare include that in the article.

Wear a big, white t-shirt over your coat and prove the AJC wrong!

Go Jackets!

I just walked in the break room here at the office and the front page of the AJC sports section says...

"What if Georgia Tech had a White Out and it turned out to be a Wash Out"

Aside from a poorly worded headline, why take such a negative angle?

:dunno:

I just walked in the break room here at the office and the front page of the AJC sports section says...

"What if Georgia Tech had a White Out and it turned out to be a Wash Out"

Aside from a poorly worded headline, why take such a negative angle?

:dunno:
Does it really say that?

It's stuff like this that pisses us all off but gets disregarded when people scream "Lay off, idiots! Everyone thinks the AJC is out to get Tech, inferiority complex, etc. etc."

The AJC is just a bunch of morons. If they overheard some Georgia fans saying they weren't going to wear black against Alabama, do you think they'd ever dream of spinning it like they did this one?

Does it really say that?

It's stuff like this that pisses us all off but gets disregarded when people scream "Lay off, idiots! Everyone thinks the AJC is out to get Tech, inferiority complex, etc. etc."

The AJC is just a bunch of morons. If they overheard some Georgia fans saying they weren't going to wear black against Alabama, do you think they'd ever dream of spinning it like they did this one?

I know you find it hard to believe, but Georgia gets their fair share of negative press from the AJC. I seem to remember a pretty big headline controversy which was followed by them printing some pretty nasty fan headlines after U[sic]GA's homecoming loss to Vandy. That was far worse than anything they've said about us. Yes, it was two years ago, but it's tough to print anything negative when they go 11-2 or something last year. Of course, if you remember, they DID print negative stuff during the U[sic]GA rash of arrests earlier, including that gem that went something like (paraphrased) "You know it must be time for football season when Georgia players are getting arrested again."

No, they probably wouldn't print an article about how their fans aren't going to blackout, because most of their fans do blackout. We'll see how our whiteout goes, but the bottom line is that there ARE a lot of fans who think it will turn out poorly. They might only cite one of them, but to say that this is just them hearing one offhand comment and printing that story is just wrong.

I know you find it hard to believe, but Georgia gets their fair share of negative press from the AJC. I seem to remember a pretty big headline controversy which was followed by them printing some pretty nasty fan headlines after U[sic]GA's homecoming loss to Vandy. That was far worse than anything they've said about us. Yes, it was two years ago, but it's tough to print anything negative when they go 11-2 or something last year. Of course, if you remember, they DID print negative stuff during the U[sic]GA rash of arrests earlier, including that gem that went something like (paraphrased) "You know it must be time for football season when Georgia players are getting arrested again.".
This is where you're wrong. They don't get their "fair share" of negative press. Vandylized isn't negative, it's a word play. The AJC consistently puts a negative spin on press for our program and does the opposite for Georgia. How you can believe that it's even close that they treat us equally is beyond me.

No, they probably wouldn't print an article about how the fans aren't going to blackout, because most of their fans do blackout. We'll see how our whiteout goes, but the bottom line is that there ARE a lot of fans who think it will turn out poorly. They might only cite one of them, but to say that this is just them hearing one offhand comment and printing that story is just wrong.
That's not the point. I wasn't saying that they ran with the article for one comment they heard. It's the fact that they took the situation and spun it as negatively as they could and didn't bother getting a decent number of Tech fans to prove that taking such a negative position was warranted. They pulled some ridiculous stats out of their asses and cited supposed reasons without attributing them to anyone.

Back