AJC on 2 Deep

Two things. Somebody needs to step up and some of our incoming class may see the field early.

I think, however, that our defense will have evolved somewhat and should be a fair amount better than last year which should offset what promises to be a frustrating season offensively.

6-6 is a touch pessimistic for me - I'm going with 7-5.

Well for more details, I'll add that our OL is going to struggle. If we have any injuries at all, they are going to REALLY struggle.

We don't have a QB that can find a way to win with defenders in his face all day.

Add in, that we don't have that good of option quarterbacks anyway. The real NAVY reads are just not happening in our offense.

Lastly, we have zero wide receivers. No scare outside means lots of defensive dare inside.

It could really get ugly next year. 7-5 would be a nice accomplishment. I think 8-4 would be a dream ending. And I honestly would take 1-11 as long as we beat UGA (not going to happen though).

Lastly, we have zero wide receivers. No scare outside means lots of defensive dare inside.
Not disagreeing but I don't think we really need great receivers. Our passing game isn't predicated on complex passing routes as much as catching the defense cheating. I'm not as worried about the receivers as much as our ability to put the ball where they can catch it. Plus, receiver is an area that the incoming class can actually help with (as opposed to the OL, for example). And I haven't given up on Mr. Hill. He's a junior and needs to decide if he is going to dominate or fade into obscurity.

But yeah, there is lots to worry about.

Look at the 2 deep. We're looking at a 6-6 record. Just be prepared but hope for more.
we also play the sucky ACC with the favorable odd year schedule and many of those teams have lost good playmakers. I think we win 8 or more.

Keep an eye on Ayers, wouldn't surprise me if he isn't starting sometime during the season... Anyone know how spring went for him?

we also play the sucky ACC with the favorable odd year schedule and many of those teams have lost good playmakers. I think we win 8 or more.

I agree with this. There are a few teams on the schedule that will give our OL fits and we'll probably lose those. The ACC is not loaded with great defenses, and CPJ will figure a way to score some points on most of our opponents. Unless the defense fails to improve, I think we can win 8.

Well for more details, I'll add that our OL is going to struggle. If we have any injuries at all, they are going to REALLY struggle.

We don't have a QB that can find a way to win with defenders in his face all day.

Add in, that we don't have that good of option quarterbacks anyway. The real NAVY reads are just not happening in our offense.

It could really get ugly next year. 7-5 would be a nice accomplishment. I think 8-4 would be a dream ending. And I honestly would take 1-11 as long as we beat UGA (not going to happen though).

oh wow!

Back