Ajc

Heard he was in town on Friday on other business so I would imagine it was a couple days ago

Drad had too, so when he picks his buddie the Dawg, it will look as if he did consider Hatcher, and looked as if he gave him a real look, since Hatcher. was the overwhelming fan favorite. Smart on Drad's part. :rolleyes:

I don't usually say this about other posters, but you're an idiot. There's no conspiracy, and there's no "good 'ole boy" networking going on here so give it up. I'm sure DRAD knows a whole lot more about this process than anyone on this board. He also knows that should the coach he hire tank horribly, he will most likely get canned with the coach. DRAD has shown he knows what he is doing - let him do his job.

I hope he is getting a fair shot and this wasn't just to appease the fans...I wouldn't think we'd interview someone we wouldn't consider hiring, other than maybe a minority candidate.

I don't get along with Winkie
I used to like him. Till he started calling our recruits to make damn sure they heard about the Gailey rumors. You think Carter Strickland would call the UGa recruits if there was a rumor about Richt returning to F$U?

Heck no. And not because Carter is afraid to do his job. He's just smart enough to know that calling recruits to make sure they heard an internet rumor is not part of his job.

I don't like him because he needs to know when and when not to call people for sources of info. Some people have a life outside of work.

I don't like him because he needs to know when and when not to call people for sources of info.
Seems he has some issues about calling people at the wrong time or calling people he has no business calling at all.

He probably has a Woodward/Bernstein complex.

techfan45 has it exactly correct.

It starts with recruiting and WM or Strong would take us into another world there.

Hatch would certainly be a good hire as well, but PJ would be like spilt milk at GT.

Will would be the flame to ignite the embers.

actually, i have heard from a very inside source that Jimmy Johnson has been lured out of retirement to be our next head coach! (as long as we let him continue to do his Sunday NFL job)

he will bring Ralph Friedgen on board as OC and retain John Tenuta. Friedgen will not serve as QB coach in addition to being the coordinator, as that role has been assigned to David Cutcliffe who had been the OC at Tenn, but was hired by Georgia Tech.

Bill Cowher will serve as a defensive assistant, specifically LBs and serving as motivational coordinator. He will assist in the strength and conditioning program given his expertise in jaw development.

Rumor has it that Bill Parcells has also been added to the staff as Organizational Consultant and Mental Strength Coordinator

Giff Smith remains recruiting coordinator, BJean-Marie remains as LB coach (along with Cowher) and will focus on the 3rd and long and nickle packages.

Beamer has been hired as special teams coach and will also be involved in recruiting.

I hope Hatcher fares better than the last guy AJC confirmed, Edsall. Wonder why other names like Muschamp haven't been leaked?

I hope Hatcher fares better than the last guy AJC confirmed, Edsall. Wonder why other names like Muschamp haven't been leaked?

Because unless the AJC calls and ask we don't confirm and hopefully they don't speculate like ESPN/SI, who will put out all kind of names.

Glad to hear that Hatcher has interviewed and is a serious candidate. I'm pretty happy with all of our choices, but he's definitely my favorite. :biggthumpup:

I don't usually say this about other posters, but you're an idiot. There's no conspiracy, and there's no "good 'ole boy" networking going on here so give it up. I'm sure DRAD knows a whole lot more about this process than anyone on this board. He also knows that should the coach he hire tank horribly, he will most likely get canned with the coach. DRAD has shown he knows what he is doing - let him do his job.

You don't need to start the name calling, but, if he makes this predicted hire of Muschamp, the name calling and stuff that went on between the Chan bashers and Foc's will look mild compared to what will be ahead for us.

Some of the craziest thing's I hear, are posters saying things like, DRAD has shown he knows what he is doing. Better hold off making that statement until 2 or 3 years from now and we see how this new coach does. This is his 1st major hire.

Drad may end up being the best AD we have ever had, but right now we are at a major crossroads in our football program, and Drad's legacy will be made by this hire. Wait a few years before you say without a doubt he knows what he is doing. Neither you nor I truly know that answer.

Drad had too, so when he picks his buddie the Dawg, it will look as if he did consider Hatcher, and looked as if he gave him a real look, since Hatcher. was the overwhelming fan favorite. Smart on Drad's part. :rolleyes:

Wow...... just wow. You actually think that Muschamp would come to Tech in order to take our program down from the inside? Paranoid much? Behind ya!

You don't need to start the name calling, but, if he makes this predicted hire of Muschamp, the name calling and stuff that went on between the Chan bashers and Foc's will look mild compared to what will be ahead for us.

Some of the craziest thing's I hear, are posters saying things like, DRAD has shown he knows what he is doing. Better hold off making that statement until 2 or 3 years from now and we see how this new coach does. This is his 1st major hire.

Drad may end up being the best AD we have ever had, but right now we are at a major crossroads in our football program, and Drad's legacy will be made by this hire. Wait a few years before you say without a doubt he knows what he is doing. Neither you nor I truly know that answer.

So the fan base should decide who the next TECH coach is?

Last edited:
Because unless the AJC calls and ask we don't confirm and hopefully they don't speculate like ESPN/SI, who will put out all kind of names.

My sources tell me that Llyod Car was hired as head coach last week and that Les Miles will be running the bowl practices.

And our stadium will be expanding by about 60k seats.

Hey Dem in you opinion are we getting close to making a decision? Are we basically down to Muschamp, Hatcher and Johnson?

The three candidates left are good. I was getting nervous when RN, WM, and RE were announced as the prime candidates.

PJ would be the "safe pick" but Hatcher and Muschamp might give the bigger reward.

...since Hatcher. was the overwhelming fan favorite.
I'd be willing to bet that most 'fans' don't even know who the hell Hatcher is. For that matter, I don't even think Hatcher was the favorite amongst posters on Stingtalk. Both Edsall and Johnson have received easily as much, if not more support.:rolleyes:

Back