Alright Mr. Stansbury, you're on the clock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTCrew

Patrick Henry
If the season were starting soon, I think it would be full capacity. They are waiting to announce that officially for fall as a hedge against the unlikely scenario of a fall covid resurgence.
Unlikely? I believe a covid resurgence in fall is likely. You don't think there is a seasonal aspect in play?

What you do is tell people we will be at full capacity, and then send out emails like "remember to get your vaccination/booster" and "If you are immunocompromised we recommend wearing a mask during the game". Put the responsibility for individual health where it belongs. On the individual.

The earlier you tell fans the better. Nobody has any excuses not to be fully vaccinated and prepared if they announce it now. If they hem and haw all summer squish-like then make the decision last minute everyone is going to be at least a little pissed. Some cause they disagree and the rest because "what took them so long".

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
Jesus you guys are really making a stance. Good for y'all making sure the board gets significantly bored.

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
Unlikely? I believe a covid resurgence in fall is likely. You don't think there is a seasonal aspect in play?

What you do is tell people we will be at full capacity, and then send out emails like "remember to get your vaccination/booster" and "If you are immunocompromised we recommend wearing a mask during the game". Put the responsibility for individual health where it belongs. On the individual.

The earlier you tell fans the better. Nobody has any excuses not to be fully vaccinated and prepared if they announce it now. If they hem and haw all summer squish-like then make the decision last minute everyone is going to be at least a little pissed. Some cause they disagree and the rest because "what took them so long".
I do think it is seasonal but I believe vaccines will prevent any further surges that would rise to the level of needing broad mitigation measures. I think your proposal is sound, though.

ncjacket

Dodd-Like
they don't want to show their cards yet. that's my theory. which to me sounds like a bait and switch. we will be vague about fall, but go ahead and renew anyway and trust us to make the best decision for you. and i would be less cynical about it if they had handled the spring game with more common sense.

the only thing i have to lose for not renewing by deadline is seat location .. if i don't renew but then buy back in at different location in say late August, then I assume i wouldn't lose my consecutive years credit. Though they did threaten that in the email i got last week, quoting:
So don’t ööööing renew.

ncjacket

Dodd-Like
Fauchi absolutely hunts for cameras. If you think thats his job I disagree. His job should be to inform the politicians behind the scenes and then let them make decisions, not undermine them by taking his shockingly wrong opinions to the public and presenting them as facts. There is no ööööing way that ööööhead's job was to savage Kemp and DeSantis with his boneheaded fearmongering when those governors wisely and correctly opened back up.
Well I disagree with your disagreement.

Skydog

Eat a Peach
That seems to be closer to the attitude than "they want butts in the seats".
yep, it seems that way. the other thing they are kind of competing against with me, probably not most folks, is the experience of watching games at home on TV. this has improved so much over last several years thats its real tempting to just arm chair QB it at home. when i first got season tix in 1999 I had one 27" tube TV. now I have 3 HD wide screens in one room. im a CFB degenerate and can literally have 3 games on from noon to midnight or after, with the Pac12 and Mountain West. but i like the best both worlds, attending our games then coming home and binging everything else.

ncjacket

Dodd-Like
That seems to be closer to the attitude than "they want butts in the seats".
I mean why do you want them to say? They are planning on 100% seating and have said it. But if the state or the city dictates otherwise what are they supposed to do?

wishbone

Dodd-Like
What the hell is the matter with you people? Athletic departments have been getting hammered across the nation with negative revenue while supporting full scholarship rosters during covid. The last thing they want this year is fewer people in the seats...they want full houses and fans spending money. I think the optics on this should be on Angel and not Todd.

Off topic: What's the current Institute financial contribution to GT athletics? Comparison to ACC and power 5?

Last edited:

GTCrew

Patrick Henry
I mean why do you want them to say? They are planning on 100% seating and have said it. But if the state or the city dictates otherwise what are they supposed to do?
I want them to not be ööööing doormats. Don't say "we are planning on 100% seating". Be like the Braves and United and ööööing say "We are going to be at 100%" and hand out the dang tickets.

Do you think Gina Carano would take the AD job if we offered it?

I think the big men at the Braves and United understand.

And yeah, the frocking nanny state can shut us down,, but the fans won't blame the AA, they will blame the govt.

GTCrew

Patrick Henry
Which again are you blaming?
The AA duh. Saying "we plan on 100%" is literally providing cover for ööööty govt nanny decisions. Dont help them. Don't cover for them. If you announce Full attendance it makes it harder for the nannies to nanny. As long as we keep hemhawing, it looks like we desperately need them to give us approval.

A wise man once told me it is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission and I live by that rule.

wishbone

Dodd-Like
Like I said, Stan and every other AA in the land wants 100%. I don't get the fuss in this thread.
GT Crew, did you go to any games this year? JJ in 213 made it. I did as well. For all the overhead costs for the few seats sold -bless GTAA for hosting the events.
oh yeah- we had Beer!

Last edited:

GTCrew

Patrick Henry
Like I said, Stan and every other AA in the land wants 100%. I don't get the fuss in this thread.
GT Crew, did you go to any games this year? JJ in 213 made it. I did as well. For all the overhead costs for the few seats sold -bless GTAA for hosting the events.
oh yeah- we had Beer!
I attended all of them last year, yes. I didn't appreciate being yelled at by mask nazis. Once, I moved down to a huge open space (nobody 10 feet from me) and got yelled at for that too. Ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.