Analogy Contest

lonestarjacket

Dodd-Like
Thinking about the bizarre hope we could back into the ACCCG with this mess of a season give me mixed emotions. I still would want to go, whether it is tainted by other schools being excluded or not. But if by some weird circumstance it does happen then it punctuates the embarrassment of the ACC performance as a whole this year.

What is the best analogy for this weird situation?

Winning the ACC Coastal Division this season is like...?

losing all your savings in the recession then winning the lottery

It's like getting a girl pregnant when you are 18 but before she can tell anyone she gets hit by a train!

It's like getting a girl pregnant when you are 18 but before she can tell anyone she gets hit by a train!

but the baby lives and comes back to kill you when he has grown into his late teens with wicked instruments of destruction and horrible body odor

I think it's like rain on your wedding day. A free ride when you've already paid.

Thinking about the bizarre hope we could back into the ACCCG with this mess of a season give me mixed emotions. I still would want to go, whether it is tainted by other schools being excluded or not. But if by some weird circumstance it does happen then it punctuates the embarrassment of the ACC performance as a whole this year.

What is the best analogy for this weird situation?

Winning the ACC Coastal Division this season is like...?

If Miami loses to Duke and we beat Duke, we won't be backing into it. We'll have "earned" it.

Yes, but the point is the thing we have "earned" has its value diminished by the fact a team with five losses can earn it.

2010 SEC Champion game had a 4 loss USC(e) in I believe with 3 conference losses.

They ended up a 5 loss team that year.

The most embarrassing year for the conference IMO was a 7-4 FSU squad whupping a 10-1 VT squad in the inaugural ACC championship came. They too had 3 conference losses that year.

Back