Analysis of the FSU game

Honestly, we should put Morgan at CB and play Tarrant and Reese at safety, with Reid on the other corner. Morgan was our best DB last year no matter where he played.

What's wrong with Butler? I think he has played solid. Although with Tarrant on the other side, could be an illusion.

If and when Cooper comes back, then I agree about Burnett at CB, with Cooper and Reese at safeties.

The problem with moving Burnett right now is that he's our best tackler. We get destroyed by the run up the middle too.

Hey I agree. If he did that I could claim that I was partially right about the scout team!

not really, since Rick Strom was a QB at Tech and in the NFL.

he could cut it in college, but not really in the NFL, although he held a clipboard for a long while.

RICK STROM:
Who the hell is Rick Strom? Well, not a prolific QB, that's for sure. Remember when I wrote about Art Rooney last week and mentioned that he had a propensity to draft local players? Perhaps that's why Strom found his way on to the Steelers squad (he was born in the Steel City) beginning in 1989 following his collegiate career at Georgia Tech. Strom would never start a game in any of his five years in Pittsburgh, throwing just 22 total passes, with 0 TDs and 1 INT.

A fine citizen whose achievements off the field
dwarf his contributions in football

Career Statistics in Pittsburgh:
14 of 21 (63.6%); 162 yards; 0 TDs; 1 INT; 66.9 QB Rating

Back