Analysis of the FSU game

I concur that it always seems to be Tarrant trailing the wide open guys by 5-8 yards, BUT if Peterson is the only other option as he seemed to be Saturday, we are effed either way.

He isn't the only other option, Reid is. However, it seems that with Taylor injured that we won't put Reid out there.

That's not the point. I don't keep up with that **** either, but I do know that a scout team is made up of the rest of the players on the team including the kids who got redshirted. You infered that these guys weren't actually on the roster.

I may have to unsig you for being such a bonehead.

:(

It's because I'm much more into the NFL than college when it's not Tech, and the NFL of course has the practice squad which is made up young players who aren't good enough to play, and they aren't on the actual roster. I just assumed it was the same in college.

I concur that it always seems to be Tarrant trailing the wide open guys by 5-8 yards, BUT if Peterson is the only other option as he seemed to be Saturday, we are effed either way.

Well, like I've said a thousand times over... Reid needs to be playing that corner position.

He isn't the only other option, Reid is. However, it seems that with Taylor injured that we won't put Reid out there.

Not trying to be a smartass, but does this not mean that it seems to be Tarrant or Peterson since Coop is still out?

Edit: It seems stupid that Reid is not in the rotation especially since we did away with the wolf.

Not trying to be a smartass, but does this not mean that it seems to be Tarrant or Peterson since Coop is still out?

Edit: It seems stupid that Reid is not in the rotation especially since we did away with the wolf.

He is in the rotation, just at free safety, when he seems better as a corner. The reason we won't play him at corner is because Taylor is out.

So yes, Tarrant and Peterson are our options at corner.

He is in the rotation, just at free safety, when he seems better as a corner. The reason we won't play him at corner is because Taylor is out.

So yes, Tarrant and Peterson are our options at corner.

Right, BOR is saying switch them. I am just saying why not bench Tarrant for Reid since Reese is back. Not sure how easy changing from CB to S (or vice versa) is mid-season, but I don't know how much worse it can get at that corner spot.

Right, BOR is saying switch them. I am just saying why not bench Tarrant for Reid since Reese is back. Not sure how easy changing from CB to S (or vice versa) is mid-season, but I don't know how much worse it can get at that corner spot.

Because we don't want to play Reese every snap. We need someone else who can play free safety and odds are Reid is the best at it.

Because we don't want to play Reese every snap. We need someone else who can play free safety and odds are Reid is the best at it.

Reid may be a better Safety than Tarrant is but he's also a better CB than he is too. Tarrant played safety in highschool and would probably make a great one if they just committed to moving him.

It seems that most of our DB's would play better at safety than corner. We really need better play at the corners.

Also, my main gripe with the defense is that they have not seemed to be at full speed. Maybe they are too worried about responsibilities that they aren't running full bore, but they look like they are at practice, not game speed. Morgan Burnett looked like this all night in Tallahassee.

I thought the rush by Tongo that sacked Ponder was the first time somebody looked like they were turning on the speed on the blitz. This was a big play for us. Most of our blitzes were simply too slow to matter.

Get speed on the field and get 'em going full out. I'd rather make mistakes going fast than trotting as we did in the first half.

To be a nit:

The Woody D. game was in '01. Super Joe led us over CU in '99, 45-42.

Other points remain valid. RR got excited because I stated the Wommack needed to be fired.;)

I think Rick Strom needs to volunteer his services to be the QB on our scout team. :p

Sweeting used his rs year last season. He didn't play very well on Saturday. Needs to play more down hill and he'll be fine. At least he fought hard.

Hey I agree. If he did that I could claim that I was partially right about the scout team!

Can I ask you a dumb question? If you thought the scout team was made up of people that weren't actually on the football team, where in the hell did you think these kids came from? In your screwed up mind, did they scope out the local talent at McDonalds, the intramural fields, inmates? Where did the scout team come from prior to me ruining your image of how college football works.

Rod Sweeting is a true freshman and is not being redshirted. He wasn't on the team last year.

Honestly, we should put Morgan at CB and play Tarrant and Reese at safety, with Reid on the other corner. Morgan was our best DB last year no matter where he played.

Can I ask you a dumb question? If you thought the scout team was made up of people that weren't actually on the football team, where in the hell did you think these kids came from? In your screwed up mind, did they scope out the local talent at McDonalds, the intramural fields, inmates? Where did the scout team come from prior to me ruining your image of how college football works.

You know, the more I think about it the less sense it makes. But I guess I just thought it was a bunch of kids who weren't good enough to get a scholarship or even play but wanted to be involved with the team in some way, kind of like an extended tryout. Obviously I knew some players(redshirts, suspended players) would play with them, but I thought it was mainly like the NFL practice squad or women's basketball practice squads.

In spirit what I said is true though, isn't it? The scout team is mainly made up of guys who aren't good enough to play, other than the redshirts. Yeah they're on the real team, but the quality of most of the players has to be far below those who start and the immediate backups and third stringers.

Honestly, we should put Morgan at CB and play Tarrant and Reese at safety, with Reid on the other corner. Morgan was our best DB last year no matter where he played.

Way to think outside the box. This is something I'd love to see them at least try.

In spirit what I said is true though, isn't it? The scout team is mainly made up of guys who aren't good enough to play, other than the redshirts. Yeah they're on the real team, but the quality of most of the players has to be far below those who start and the immediate backups and third stringers.

Of course the scout team is not as talented, but on your normal college football team, most every starter started out on the Scout team. some of our best players over the years contributed to solid Scout Teams in the past. Namely guys like Demarious Thomas, Roddy Jones, all of our current olineman, Sedric Griffin, Dominque Reese, Tarrant, etc. They all played Scout team one maybe two years.

Back