And Chan Gailey goes to...

Chan got us where we needed to be when we needed it. Winning seasons, bowl streak. If we hired a crappy coach instead, would we have looked attractive to PJ when he came onboard? Chan is good for programs that are sub-par to mediocre, but isn't one to "take it to the next level." Chan was the setup before the spike. Knowing that, I'd go through it again.

That showboat WR up there is not gonna be so understanding of chan the egoman as was Calvin.

Oh God, Terrel Owens is going to go ape **** all over Gailey. Its going to be funny. I feel badly for whoever the QB is. He's gonna suck for years to come.

I wonder what assistants Chan will bring with him. Geis? Nix?

Chan got us where we needed to be when we needed it. Winning seasons, bowl streak. If we hired a crappy coach instead, would we have looked attractive to PJ when he came onboard? Chan is good for programs that are sub-par to mediocre, but isn't one to "take it to the next level." Chan was the setup before the spike. Knowing that, I'd go through it again.

Are you serious? CHAN WAS A BIG $@@#%@ MISTAKE. HE HAD ABSOLUTELY NO BUSINESS COACHING COLLEGE FOOTBALL.

Do you people have any idea who Bill Lewis is and what he accomplished for GT???

Seriously, I've never seen someone so bad at his job.

What did he do that was good for GT? Anyone?

Braine's mission as it was told to him upon his hiring was to improve the non-revenue sports while not letting the others drop

he actually fulfilled his mission; however, he did make some financial errors

you have to admit, and i am not really a Braine fan, that all of the following are MUCH improved:
  • swimming and diving
  • tennis, mens and womens
  • volleyball
  • women's basketball
now, what you think of that achievement is your own opinion, but this is what Braine was tasked with by the GTAA.

People who say Chan Gailey is the worst college football coach ever haven't looked around at very many football coaches. He's probably in the 30th-40th percentile, but hardly as bad as many make him out to be.

People who say Chan Gailey is the worst college football coach ever haven't looked around at very many football coaches. He's probably in the 30th-40th percentile, but hardly as bad as many make him out to be.

I honestly don't know who the worst college coach is. Any Suggestions?

The problem was precisely that he was not terrible and not great but merely good, perhaps even above average. Even DB would not have kept around the worst college football coach for a long time. Gailey not being abysmal was what kept him around for as long as he was here and drove the fan base nuts.

Chan won't be intimidated by TO or anything like that. He's kind of got experience with the NFL, the players, etc.

I also wonder what kind of staff he'll assemble? Jobs for a few football types in Buffalo, I guess. Wouldn't surprise me at all if some of his former assts didn't get a job.

Best of luck to CCG. Glad he's not here anymore but he is a good man. Have to hand it to him, he does have a good reputation.

Terrell Owens only signed a one-year deal with the Bills last offseason. Gailey may not have to deal with him at all.

this.

Techsideline.com

So, I got bored and browsed this site. Apparently some Hokies think that we made a huge mistake by firing Chan Gailey. It was a good laugh, I'll admit.

Are you serious? CHAN WAS A BIG $@@#%@ MISTAKE. HE HAD ABSOLUTELY NO BUSINESS COACHING COLLEGE FOOTBALL.

Try Brian Van Gorder. I've seen FAR FAR worse than Gailey. People are getting more and more eager to be a dominate team, like GSU did when PJ took over. GSU sucks now, and hopes to 1/2 as good as they used to be. When PJ leaves, GT will be in shambles. You seriously have no care for any coach except whoever meets YOUR approval. Whatever. :rolleyes:

Buffalo Bills:

teamgoing.jpg

Back