And he is gone

Not sure I will ever understand why Strong was not able to win at Texas.

I bet Strong does pretty well at his next gig.

Because there's so many MAWM with their hands on the players in that program that it impeded the process toward him building a winner there.

Now I see the AD's come out to say the firing's not a done deal. If I were Strong I'd welcome that pink slip.

I think it is because fans/administrators do not consider ALL the variables.p when making a hire.

They consider who might be hot at the moment, after one lucky season. We have done that.

They consider where a coach went to school which makes no sense.

It is just the what have you done for me lately mindset.

I just have one acquaintence in Texas that, and I believe him knowing the money he gives, tells me Strong hired some assistants for the wrong reasons and refused to cut the cord on some that he should have.

Apparently not. I thought he was doing a pretty good job in the fact that he did take them to a bowl game last year. I guess they think they can go out and find somebody better. Maybe Lane Kiffin?
Here's the article announcing the firing.

http://www.georgiastatesports.com/V...71&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=12700&ATCLID=211293989
I would like to see the Georgia Southern fans who post on here to explain how moving up helped them other than increasing student fees.

Would Texas go young and inexperienced with Lincoln Riley? He is a great offensive coordinator with a terrific personality and high energy. If not, I guess Tom Herman makes sense. They could make a run at Dabo. Scott Frost or Mike MacIntyre could move upward this year. But, I like Lincoln Riley in Austin.

Are we sure Charlie Strong is a good coach? I know he had two great years at Louisville (11-2 and 12-1 in 2012,2013) but how much of that was Charlie Strong and how much was Teddy Bridgewater?

This is another example of how hard it is to run a successful football program, even with all the advantages and recruiting opportunities that Texas has. Some of the Tech fans need to keep this in mind when they start calling for a coaching change. The obstacles to success at Tech are considerably greater, and the wrong hire could take us down a path of 3-9 on a regular basis, not just one season out of nine.

This is another example of how hard it is to run a successful football program, even with all the advantages and recruiting opportunities that Texas has. Some of the Tech fans need to keep this in mind when they start calling for a coaching change. The obstacles to success at Tech are considerably greater, and the wrong hire could take us down a path of 3-9 on a regular basis, not just one season out of nine.
I am not gonna big cry this. I just gave you a pass.

Back