And it begins.....NFL departures

nobody on this defense would get near starting for UGA......I see no draft picks on the entire team.

He's not good enough yet IMO, but who knows -- I am an average Joe. I suspect he will be back, but if he's not then best of luck to him.

Good enough to rush the passer in the NFL and we fired his position coach/d-coordinator/guy that brought him in to play the position he excels in. I'd expect him to leave. If we bring in a 4-3 DC he will definately be gone

If he wants to leave then congrats to him. I don't see him going very high in the draft but I'm not a professional.

So if he leaves does that mean Tech D will allow 50 pts a game instead of 40?

Lol....how's that?

So far, it looks like his career will last a rookie contract. He drops balls (like he did in college), doesn't run routes well, and isn't a great blocker. Maybe the goal is to put up measurables and get one contract, but to be successful, he needed more time and maturing.

"and it begins"??? wtf?

one guy says he wants to be evaluated, which just makes sense from a lot of perspectives and suddenly something is beginning?

no players on any other college teams get evaluated or (God forbid) leave early, why does it always happen to us?
- HWFO GT fan

He has been up and down this year. Depending on his competion, he probably will be 5th round at best. Better to come back and try to make the All ACC team.

Look at the bright side: if Sneezy leaves early, it frees up a spot for another walk-on.

:wink:

Just kidding. I think its a good thing when we have players that the NFL wants. The only question is whether its best to leave now or a year from now with a presumably better chance at being taken earlier.

There is no way on God's green earth I would have turned down a multi-six figure income when I was a junior and if anyone had asked me to turn down such an offer so I could spend another year entertaining them for free I probably would have left early just to spite them.

Finers Crossed, Fingers Crossed, Fingers Crossed.

We probably have a few more that will get a draft evaluation as well. I'd imagine anywhere in the top 4 or 5 rounds and they'll bolt. Not surprised, and I wish them tremendous luck in the NFL.

Good enough to rush the passer in the NFL and we fired his position coach/d-coordinator/guy that brought him in to play the position he excels in. I'd expect him to leave. If we bring in a 4-3 DC he will definately be gone

I've got sunshine...on a clowdy day.

Can always count on you, Champ!

Having said that, I agree with your Debbie Downer assesment.

Thomas and Attachou will likely play on Sundays, eventually.

Seems like every time we get one of our infrequent quality players they end up leaving early, I would too if I could get NFL money a year early

Back