And people call our offense boring...

olgoldandwhite

Dodd-Like
Finally got tired of missed FG's and went to bed. If that is the best two teams in CFB, we are in trouble. Andrew Luck would have thrown at least 3 TD's against both teams and Okie St would have scored more than 9 points.

That's the nature of CFB nowadays. You don't need a good QB to win a MNC. Look at the past several MNC teams. Two good QBs - Vince Young and Cameron Newton. I don't count Tebow, but you can if you want.

The offenses in CFB aren't that advanced. Their playbooks are much smaller than what you see in the NFL, and that's for good reason (not enough time to dedicate to it). It's why teams given two weeks to prepare can shut down the other team's offense and we get what we saw last night.

Even though the game was a snooze fest, there aren't many teams who can beat LSU. I think that Boise, Bama, Oregon, and Stanford have the best shots. OkSt has a poop defense (77th in scoring defense), so LSU would run all over them.

IMO, Oregon vs Stanford should be the game that determines who plays LSU in the MNC (this is assuming OkSt loses, which I think will happen). Those teams are solid. Yes, LSU beat Oregon already, but they also beat Bama. I would rather see them play Oregon again. I don't want to see another FG-festival in Bama vs LSU.

Boise will beat LSU like a rented mule if they get a shot.

Although I may be underestimating LSUs ability to drag any team down to their level of ugly football.

Oregon already lost to LSU. They have less of a reason to play a rematch than Bama does. Bama missed 4 of 6 FGs and had a tie score at the end. Oregon was never close to winning.

Boise will beat LSU like a rented mule if they get a shot.

Although I may be underestimating LSUs ability to drag any team down to their level of ugly football.

No... LSU still averages 35 pts/game even with that 9 last night. No one else's defense is going to hold LSU to so few points, Alabama's D is just that good. Unfortunately, a team will have to play the game of it's life, and hope for a poor LSU performance to beat them.

The special teams play made me kind of jealous. The announcer said that LSU hasn't allowed a punt return longer than 7 yards, and here we are giving opponents 10 to 15 or so... nevermind the fact that we haven't had a kickoff returned for a touchdown in thirteen years.

Oregon already lost to LSU. They have less of a reason to play a rematch than Bama does. Bama missed 4 of 6 FGs and had a tie score at the end. Oregon was never close to winning.

Oregon's loss was about as mistake-filled as Bama's.

No... LSU still averages 35 pts/game even with that 9 last night. No one else's defense is going to hold LSU to so few points, Alabama's D is just that good. Unfortunately, a team will have to play the game of it's life, and hope for a poor LSU performance to beat them.

As good as Alabama's D wants to be, only two other teams (Miss St and Northwestern St) have been held to field goals against LSU. Just how overrated is their O?

Each of Kentucky, Florida, Tennessee, Auburn, and West F*ckin Virginia have found the end zone against LSU. WfV found it 3 times, and Oregon found it 3 times and was still able to make as many field goals as 'Bama.

And 'Bama boasted one of the top statistical offenses in the SEC. Horrendous and shocking.

As good as Alabama's D wants to be, only two other teams (Miss St and Northwestern St) have been held to field goals against LSU. Just how overrated is their O?

Each of Kentucky, Florida, Tennessee, Auburn, and West F*ckin Virginia have found the end zone against LSU. WfV found it 3 times, and Oregon found it 3 times and was still able to make as many field goals as 'Bama.

And 'Bama boasted one of the top statistical offenses in the SEC. Horrendous and shocking.

Bama has played no one with a D. And their D makes their offense good, by keeping your defense on the field. After running the ball down your throat the whole first half, you get tired and give up a lot of point in the second. Bama scores a ton of their points in the second half. I think they had like 7 or 10 first half points against Vandy.

LSU just had the D to match up, not to mention a VERY deep D, and were able to string together enough on offense to keep it going. Bama really lacks a quality passing game, probably mostly from the QB.

Also, Ingram 2: Electric Boogaloo was 57% of Alabama's total offense in the LSU game. Alabama didn't crack 100 total yards rushing.

Bama really lacks a quality passing game, probably mostly from the QB.

I was amazed that two programs of that stature could not put better QB's on the field.Those guys were not impressive at all.

I was amazed that two programs of that stature could not put better QB's on the field.Those guys were not impressive at all.

Yep.

That's why it was easy for me to take LSU and the 4.5

These 2 teams simply are not big time scoring machines. They are borish, lean on you until you break, football factories with zero pizazz.

Finally got tired of missed FG's and went to bed. If that is the best two teams in CFB, we are in trouble. Andrew Luck would have thrown at least 3 TD's against both teams and Okie St would have scored more than 9 points.

Granted Stanford and Okie St would put up more points in this game, they would have allowed a lot more too.

Including this 9 point effort LSU is still averaging 35 ppg. They just ran up against the #1/#2 D in the country.

Luck would have a harder time against these teams because both would effectively shut down Stanford's run game and their play action game wouldn't be as effective.

Okie St would just be run over all game, their D line isn't very good at all.

We all know most football games are won in the trenches and neither Stanford or Okie St can match up to the lines that LSU or Bama have.

CFB doesn't have a good all-around team this season. If Stanford can beat Oregon, then I'm finally a believer. Until then, I agree with JacketinNOLA. All the teams that have enough offense tend to lack a defense, hence LSU would beat them.

Yeah, and guess what offense LSU used to finally beat Bama -- THE OPTION! And the commentators were praising them for it. I guess if you run the option in the sec, then it's not a high school offense. Remember the 2006 ACCCG? Same score. Nobody was slobbering on themselves over that one.

(Double standard)^infinity.

Yeah, and guess what offense LSU used to finally beat Bama -- THE OPTION! And the commentators were praising them for it. I guess if you run the option in the sec, then it's not a high school offense. Remember the 2006 ACCCG? Same score. Nobody was slobbering on themselves over that one.

(Double standard)^infinity.

Well to be fair it was the much less high schoolish double option. The third option is what makes it a gimmick.

Lou Holtz's take at the end of the game was funny. Paraphrased:

"After a week of hype, and four hours of game, all I found out was that LSU's kicker is better than Alabama's kicker."

Lou Holtz's take at the end of the game was funny. Paraphrased:

"After a week of hype, and four hours of game, all I found out was that LSU's kicker is better than Alabama's kicker."
That's the most insightful analysis that old fart has provided in years.

Back